Ideal axed by BBC

Sorry if I am breaking any rules or if I am opening this thread in a not appropriate section, but I hope you see I don't mean to spam, I only urge to spread the bad news and hopefully have your support to make our voice heard louder, since I reckon Ideal is a show that is much appreciated around here from other members as well.

In brief BBC has apparently axed Ideal, and this is very disappointing news for every Ideal fan around and from the very staff from Ideal, with Graham Duff and Johnny Vegas among the others who seem to be very upset for the show's abrupt shutdown, since it is indeed very popular.

If you wish to help the cause you may sign this petition http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/saveideal/ or you may join this group on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/groups/248021625222939/

Cheers
Gianni

Ideal is always a show I just never fancied.

Only weeks ago I decided to take the plunge (not even sure why...) and bought Series 1 on DVD.

I've watched the first 3 episodes so far and I absolutely adore it.

Not sure why! Not exactly hilarious. Not much happens. But it's just extremely enjoyable. And Vegas is superb.

So while it's sad it's ending, I'm lucky I've got another 6 series to get my teeth into still!

It's been axed...? :(

If it is ending, seven series is hardly a poor run for a sitcom.

Stott's right. And that doesn't happen often.

Quote: lofthouse @ August 3 2011, 10:02 PM BST

I've watched the first 3 episodes so far and I absolutely adore it.

The first series is great, but I reckon the the following ones get even better and better, so I advise you to keep watching it, you won't regret it. ;)

Ideal is indeed a very weird and somehow dark show, yet extremely funny and entertaining, it never fails to crack me up.
Laughing out loud Laughing out loud Laughing out loud

Catching storylines, weird characters portrayed by actors such as Johnny Vegas, Graham Duff, Ryan Pope, Sinead Matthews, a top notch soundtrack and a visually stunning directing style, Ideal is one of my favourite shows and I would be very disappointed if it had to be killed so abruptly.

In my opinion this show deserves not to die, and if you agree with me don't forget to make your voice heard and to spread the voice.

Cheers

Nothing abrupt about 7 series!

At least a Christmas special to tie it all up?

Quote: Gianni Merryman @ August 3 2011, 9:59 PM BST

If you wish to help the cause you may sign this petition http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/saveideal/ or you may join this group on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/groups/248021625222939/

Cheers
Gianni

Done.

Quote: lofthouse @ August 3 2011, 10:33 PM BST

Nothing abrupt about 7 series!

I said abrupt since there is not a proper ending yet, and the decision by BBC's HQ was abrupt and unannounced, the show being in quite good health as far as I know.

I watched only first 5 series so far so I have to catch up, but I understand seven series left main storylines still unsolved, in fact at least another series was already scheduled for next year.

I know there are far worse problems than this in life, yet to me it is such a pity one of the most original and entertaining shows around, with much potential still undeveloped, should be killed so prematurely.

Quote: Nil Putters @ August 3 2011, 10:47 PM BST

Done.

Cheers ;)

Yeah, the big problem is that the series finished on a cliff-hanger. Seven series is an astonishing achievement for a sit-com, especially when all from the pen of a single writer. Previous series (3 & 5) have ended in a way that could have been finales, but with more sales around the world, bigger guest stars, and better ratings, having a new controller come in and just declare "a clean sweep" is ridiculous. If the quality had dropped off I doubt Graham Duff would have wanted it to continue, but there were a few series left in the old dog yet.

I like Ideal but it's high time Colin came off probation.

The bloodbath continues. Unsurprising, but nevertheless disappointing news. I don't think there's anything left, is there?

Plenty left to axe, plenty. That Miranda'd make a nice old mess with an axe through her, for one.

I'm sure BBC Three will commission a new series where nauseating teens get their pox riddled genitals out, to convince you that there's no shame in visiting the clap clinic, bar being seen in their company.