The Royle Family 2011

The Royle Family. Image shows from L to R: Dave Best (Craig Cash), Antony Royle (Ralf Little), Denise Royle / Best (Caroline Aherne), Jim Royle (Ricky Tomlinson), Barbara Royle (Sue Johnston), Norma Speakman (Liz Smith). Copyright: Granada Productions / Jellylegs.

The Royle Family

The Royles are a family of couch potatoes who watch television in their dirty living room whilst chatting, arguing, and drinking copious amounts of tea and alcohol

peter gazzard

• Wednesday 27th July 2011, 7:44pm [Edited]
  • England
  • 839 posts

I presume this one will have Saskia giving birth to Antony's child then, either that or she will have had the child

SivoxII

• Friday 29th July 2011, 5:14am
  • The Okanagan Valley, BC, Canada
  • 253 posts

.. yup, I'd imagine they will have sped things up and the birth will already have taken place (kinda like the welcome to Baby David era)

Wonder if Joe will still call her "Swastika" lololol

All the best,
Cal :)

dinglyd

• Friday 29th July 2011, 3:05pm
  • England
  • 8 posts

Great news! I wonder if we are going to meet Beverly Macca? Have been following this blog for some time. Not sure if it's connected or not. Quite funny though.
Dx :D

http://beverlymacca.blogspot.com/

Feeoree

• Friday 29th July 2011, 9:05pm
  • Basildon, England
  • 623 posts

Cool. The latest batch of Crimbo specials have gradually got better. Liked the return to 'staying in the Royle house the whole ep' last year.

Stephen Goodlad

• Saturday 30th July 2011, 9:41am [Edited]
  • Mirfield, England
  • 4,255 posts

I don't think we will ever see Bev Macca - it would spoil the illusion. I know what she looks like anyway. :)
I know what Black Roy and his white wife looks like and flat nosed Harry and Duckers - even Sandy scissors.

SivoxII

• Sunday 31st July 2011, 6:51am
  • 253 posts

Corrrrrect Stephen!!! lololololol

Sandy Scissors sounds dimmer than Denise (if that's entirely possible)

All the best,

Tim Azure

• Sunday 31st July 2011, 6:47pm
  • Kent, England
  • 2,037 posts
Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ July 30 2011, 9:41 AM BST

I don't think we will ever see Bev Macca - it would spoil the illusion. I know what she looks like anyway. :)
I know what Black Roy and his white wife looks like and flat nosed Harry and Duckers - even Sandy scissors.

Are they regulars at the Feathers?

lofthouse

• Sunday 31st July 2011, 9:34pm [Edited]
  • Nowhere, England
  • 10,178 posts

Oh joy.

Well for me this is one show that should just be put to rest now.

Harry315

• Monday 1st August 2011, 4:33pm
  • Warrington, England
  • 33 posts

What happened to Baby David by the way? Would like to see him in the new special as he is probably about 12 years old now! :)

dinglyd

• Sunday 23rd October 2011, 1:30pm
  • England
  • 8 posts

I guess they are filming as we speak for the Christmas special. Beverly Macca has really taken off with her diary, nearly 20000 hits plus her website. I confess a bit addicted! ;)

http://beverlymacca.blogspot.com/

SivoxII

• Tuesday 25th October 2011, 8:25pm
  • 253 posts
Quote: Harry315 @ August 1 2011, 4:33 PM BST

What happened to Baby David by the way? Would like to see him in the new special as he is probably about 12 years old now! :)

Yup, David Jr is probably around 10-12 years old by now and his favourite meal effort from Denise would typically be Roasted Chicken ....... crisps!! lol

All the best,

Oldrocker

• Wednesday 26th October 2011, 12:38am
  • Near my beloved Black Country in Wolverhampton, England
  • 13,416 posts

I picture Beverley Macca as being a bit like Linda Preston in 'I Didn't Know You Cared.'