The Royle Family 2011 Page 3

Sue Johnston on The Alan Titchmarsh show said there WAS a Christmas Specal but it hadn't been filmed yet.

I believe that that show is recorded a few days ahead of broadcast, in which case it's possible that the news of its 2011 cancellation, if accurate, hadn't come through yet.

Quote: dennispennis123 @ November 9 2011, 12:43 AM GMT

Sue Johnston on The Alan Titchmarsh show said there WAS a Christmas Specal but it hadn't been filmed yet.

Not filmed in November when it's due for December (or the first week of January)?

Think about it...

Quote: Tim Azure @ November 9 2011, 9:11 PM GMT

Not filmed in November when its due for December (or the first week of January)?

Think about it...

Last year's special wasnt filmed until later than this stage last year. Last year's episode mentioned William and Kate's engagement (which was only announced on the 16th November) so it's not like thay haven't filmed this late before.

Quite frankly, I don't know who or what to believe, an official comment from the Beeb would be nice but I guess like last year we will have to wait for the Christmas highlights to be announced in 2 weeks time.

Well, script changes to reference the engagement are one thing - they can be done just minutes before recording this type of show, frankly - but they do need otherwise completed scripts a good month or two beforehand so that any casting, set building/repairs, prop sourcing, etc, can be done. The fact is we don't really know what timescales exactly are being talked about here, or even whether the BBC want stuff 'in the can' particularly soon this year for some reason, but there are plenty of factors on either end of the possible situation that could affect what has or hasn't actually happened.

... That may be a bit garbled. It's late.

I think the story we are all being sold, that Caroline and Craig "ran out of time!" ... is a smoke screen.

Who is to say, that they can't be bothered any more and the BEEB is pushing for the yearly outings???

All the best,
Cal :)

The Beeb can push, but they can't force. See Fawlty Towers to The Office.

Besides, a video interview with Cash a few months ago was fairly clear that he really enjoyed writing the show.

mornin all...killin time in the stock room on the wifi...theyv put me on stock take so fillin me boots with haribo tangtastics..

just thort id say hiya an let yer see me bits n bobs... not them bits n bobs but me secret diary etc...new to all this teckno stuff so bear wiv me. xx

www.beverlymacca.com www.beverlymacca.blogspot.com www.youtube.com/thebevlar1

Wave

It has been confirmed there will not be a Royle Family Christmas special this year. Craig and Caroline didn't get it written in time. Very sad! :( :( :(

www.beverlymacca.com www.beverlymacca.blogspot.com

Why not

Quote: george roper @ November 26 2011, 7:07 PM GMT

Why not

According to this interview, they blame other commitments but it's never made clear precisely what.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/people/profiles/craig-cash-return-of-the-quiet-man-and-an-explosive-woman-6265089.html

Should the header on this thread be changed?