Lennon or McCartney? Page 6

GARY!

Lagging well behind Jason Orange (WhoTF?)

:|

Okay, everyone HAS to watch this clip. This genius impressionist from Liverpool, called Stevie Riks, does brilliant impressions of pretty much every big singer from the '60s and '70s, including all 4 Beatles, and writes and performs brilliant sketches, uploading them onto YouTube. This is one of my favourites: http://www.youtube.com/user/MrSTEVIERIKS#p/u/107/2mBef9KrCpk

Quote: catskillz @ June 27 2011, 12:03 AM BST

Okay, everyone HAS to watch this clip.

Didn't do it for me..

Quote: catskillz @ June 27 2011, 12:03 AM BST

This genius impressionist from Liverpool, called Stevie Riks, does brilliant impressions of pretty much every big singer from the '60s and '70s

His Bowie impression is his best.

On the reunion thing had John not been murdered. Personally, I doubt if we'd have seen one. Not one of them would ever have needed the money and John especially did seem cynical and world weary and completely sick of hearing about his time in the Beatles. I just don't think he'd ever want to be involved in such a circus, and we know it would have been just that. It would be more trouble than it was worth and he'd spent a lot of effort striking up a new identity.

Then there's Paul, another monumental ego who may have had issues with the Lennon side of things, both men had a massive grudge about something, that's quite apparent. I can't see who, other than Desmond Tutu, would have been able to get them over it.

Just a comment about the murder of Lennon, or the aftermath. I give the US authorities great credit for continually refusing his murderer parole. They are adamant he's never going to be released, even though he could have been out years ago, under the terms of the sentence, and he's always appealing, I believe.

There is definitely government influence there! They don't want him out. Quite right. I think without doubt they feel the image of the USA was greatly harmed when a famous peace campaigner was snuffed out in cold blood by a weird nutter with a gun, and for no apparent reason. And of course, the Americans loved the Beatles. I think they'd rip him apart on the streets if he did come out. But he won't.

The Free As A Bird/Real Love singles are a red herring, IMO.

Lennon would probably be livid that two of his (average) songs from 15-20 years previous were getting a re-hashed release.

All IMO, of course. :P

It was Lennon first for me. But I will shoot McCartney as well at some point.

Anyhow, out of these two, I would choose Queen because I prefer them so there :D