Lennon or McCartney? Page 5

Quote: zooo @ June 26 2011, 7:31 PM BST

Yeah, they could have supported Take That on their reunion tour.

Wash your mouth out with soap and water !

Teehee!

Yeah, they could have murdered Take That on their reunion tour.

Zooo that's mean

They definitely would have got back together at some point, at least to play a few gigs, no question.

Of course they would have, they'd already made up.

What Ringo and Paul?

Lennon would be boring all our arses off about the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan and prattling on about peace n love if he was still alive

I really can't see how they would reunite.

If you read/listen to Lennon's interviews just before he died he was talking about the band with more vitriol than ever before.

George and Paul had a big falling out, too. There are plenty of times when George slated Paul publically.

I guess the temptation would have been to reunite for Live Aid, but George was in semi-retirement from live gigs in the 1980s. And, John also said in 1979 that he was offered billions to reunite with all proceeds going to charity and he said 'I owe the world nothing'.

Did you not see "Free as a bird" or "Real Love" TB? When the time was right they were crawling over reunions.

Hnag on they all reunited except obviouwly John for that release of their remastered albums about 10 years ago. And who knows if John would have got over his anger?

It seems terribly unfair to judge a man because he died angry.

Quote: Badge @ June 26 2011, 7:24 PM BST

They would certainly have reunited. It would have been naff and expensive to see but there would've been so much money in it they wouldn't have said no.

And the reunion circus of today is pretty unstoppable anyway.

The exceptions being the Smiths and Creedence Clearwater Revival. Likewise ABBA, despite a reported offer of $1 billion several years ago.

See earlier post.

Creedence Clearwater were clearly a reunion band anyway.

Quote: TopBanana @ June 26 2011, 9:24 PM BST

I really can't see how they would reunite.

If you read/listen to Lennon's interviews just before he died he was talking about the band with more vitriol than ever before.

Between then and now, thirty years would have passed, long enough for anyone to stop being a dick.

Quote: TopBanana @ June 26 2011, 9:24 PM BST

I did at the time, and even if he wasn't keen on "Beatles" he was, if anything, re-warming to the members of "Beatles".

Besides, if you think members of bands on reunion cash-ins have to get on with each other then you are in a strange world.

Yeah, they could have supported Take That on their reunion tour.

http://www.expressandstar.com/entertainment/2011/06/26/poll-who-is-your-favourite-take-that-member/

Is it possible to have one?

http://www.expressandstar.com/entertainment/2011/06/25/poll-what-is-your-favourite-take-that-song/

Is it possible to have one?