What Are You Laughing At? The BCG Podcast Page 6

Quote: swerytd @ October 28 2011, 8:30 AM GMT

L
Gina's very angry, isn't she? :)

Dan

She was very angry, yes, and it's very refreshing to hear a comedian talk about how brilliant they think they are. Also, full credit to the others there for not fawning over her and saying things like "yes you are brilliant". Instead, they chose not to comment at all, which I suppose could have sounded like they were disagreeing, but obviously wasn't. Oh, and well done her for not falling into the trap of trying to be funny a single time on the broadcast. I do like to hear restraint from a comedian.

Al Murray, what a talker!
Good work everyone, thanks for producing these. I just wish you could do something about the acoustics, it makes for difficult listening.

Just listened to the Al Murray one, very interesting and a great way to pass an hour walking the dog. In fact I kept listening after walking the dog and in the car on the way to Tescos so it must've been good. Refreshing to hear a comedy podcast where people aren't necessarily trying to be funny, just discussing comedy as comedy-lovers.

Thumbs up from me for what it's worth.

Thanks Lee. :)

I do like Al Murray.
That was a good episode.

Quote: Nogget @ November 8 2011, 1:21 PM GMT

I just wish you could do something about the acoustics, it makes for difficult listening.

Yeah get an exterior mic you tightwads! (I'm assuming you're using a laptop's inbuilt mic to record the podcast). Either that or an empty Heinz baked bean can with a length of string poked through the middle. I might have a spare mic after Christmas actually (Shure SM58, not ideal for podcasts but it's a good solid mic) so if you're in need, gimme a shout and I'll pop it in the post.

Anything to stop me jumping out of my skin everytime somebody laughs on the podcast because I had the volume on maximum and suddenly my f**king eardrums are lying bleeding on the ground. Teary

No, we're using a very expensive bit of kit actually - we're just constrained by not having a regular venue that we can in any way set up or sort out for soundproofing.

You need to run the audio through a compression filter then to minimise the peaks. Or summat.

Thanks everyone for your kind comments. We really must do another one some time... hay guys?

Quote: Lee Henman @ November 30 2011, 6:08 PM GMT

You need to run the audio through a compression filter then to minimise the peaks. Or summat.

Totally agree.

The long-awaited episode 9 of What Are You Laughing At?: The British Comedy Podcast is now available. For our first episode in 2012, our special guest is Jim Tavaré.

https://www.comedy.co.uk/podcasts/british_comedy_podcast/9_jim_tavare/

An enjoyable listen - still :O at the Malcolm Hardee anecdote.

Best close that, methinks. ;)

*imagination runs wild*

Quote: Aaron @ January 21 2012, 12:58 PM GMT

Best close that, methinks. ;)

>_<

*don't want it in my eyes either*

Episode 10 is out now, withe the charming Lorna Watson and Ingrid Oliver.

https://www.comedy.co.uk/podcasts/british_comedy_podcast/10_watson_oliver/