What Are You Laughing At? The BCG Podcast

Hello everyone. We've just launched the first episode of our brand new podcast, What Are You Laughing At?: The British Comedy Podcast.

The second episode should be available next week, after which it should become a fortnightly feature on the BCG. The show's presented by the delightful Dave Cohen (Anorak), with regular guests Tony Cowards and James Cary.

To be in with a chance of having your thoughts, reviews and opinions read out during the show, simply post them in the appropriate comedy threads, and we'll pick some of the best to give an airing.

https://www.comedy.co.uk/podcasts/british_comedy_podcast/

(Apologies for slightly dodgy sound toward the end of this first episode.)

But it hasn't got me in it. Everyone knows I'm delightful. I'm going to assume it's sexist.

Plus wasn't this going to be called the Leevil Show?

It's their loss, Nat. It's their loss...

Quote: Nat Wicks @ June 14 2011, 6:38 PM BST

No, you're thinking of the other BCG Podcast which has yet to be made.

Personally, I don't think that there was slightly dodgy sound toward the end. I think there was slightly dodgy sound through-out that show.

Quote: Nat Wicks @ June 14 2011, 6:38 PM BST

But it hasn't got me in it. Everyone knows I'm delightful. I'm going to assume it's sexist.

Leevil to Beaver!

was such a revolting show even channel 5 wouldn't show it.

And they didn't invite. I'm the 3rd most frequent poster and ergo the funniest and most well informed.

Quote: Ian Wolf @ June 14 2011, 7:18 PM BST

Personally, I don't think that there was slightly dodgy sound toward the end. I think there was slightly dodgy sound through-out that show.

Ha. That's probably why the intro apologised for the sound. ;)

Besides, the most important person in it sounded quite good, I thought...

I thought the sound effects added to the charm... I'm sure I could hear a little drummer boy practising in an adjacant room throughout, and a toilet flushing at one point...who took the mic in??
Joking aside, it was really good to hear the comedy business being discussed on air like that, It worked too in the sense of giving another dimension to the BCG, looking forward to more.

Hee, I thought I heard a phone a couple of times. Might have been the voices in my head again though.

I promise that I wasn't doing a Marlon Brando mumble all the way through the recording, hopefully next time we'll have a microphone which doesn't just pick up people called "Dave". :)

Yeah, shame about the audio issues but that aside. Nice effort.

I wonder how many people will actually listen to the whole 35 minutes? It's quite a lot to commit to.

20 minutes would have been sufficient.

I was committed in 10 minutes. Love this new fast track psychiatric assessment scheme. :)

Quote: don rushmore @ June 15 2011, 12:32 PM BST

I wonder how many people will actually listen to the whole 35 minutes? It's quite a lot to commit to.

20 minutes would have been sufficient.

Agreed, but as it was the first episode, I'd guess things will be refined a bit as it goes along.
I'd like to hear a little BCG jingle/themetune at the beginning and end. What would it be though? :)

Quote: Shandonbelle @ June 15 2011, 12:57 PM BST

I'd like to hear a little BCG jingle/themetune at the beginning and end. What would it be though?

Pet Shop Boys - 'What Have I Done to Deserve This?'