Only Fools & Horses
Blackadder
The Royle Family
Waiting For God
Drop The Dead Donkey
Red Dwarf
The League of Gentlemen

The worst sitcoms I have currently seen are:

1. Miranda: Not funny at all. Just because she is big and stares into the camera. Unbelievable shocking comedy.

2. Not Going Out: Lee Mack is the only saving grace in this. I found it hard wotk. It's not a sitcom it's the Lee and Tim show with some extras. The quietness of the show format and canned laughter really puts me off. totally unbelievable plot.

3. The Big Ask: It just shows doesn't it, that if you are a stand up or have your own sketch show then it spreads like wildfire. Hey let's make a new show and put some more average comedians on and sell a show for £50. Talentless and like premiership footballers they all follow the money. Don't they!

Top 12 Favourite UK Sitcoms

2point4 Children
Goodnight Sweetheart
Birds of a Feather
Next of Kin
Absolutely Fabulous
Fawlty Towers
The Vicar of Dibley
Miranda
Men Behaving Badly
The Upper Hand
My Family
Oh Doctor Beeching

My next Top 12 UK Sitcoms

Only Fools and Horses
Hi-De-Hi
The Life of Riley
Dad
Keeping Up Apearances
Heartburn Hotel
Pilgrim's Progress
Lee Evans - So What Now?
The Good Life
As Time Goes By
On The Up
After You've Gone

My Next Next 12 Favourite UK Sitcoms

Ain't Misbehavin'
Two Pints of Lager and a Packet of Crisps
Not Going Out
Dad's Army
Sykes
Butterflies
Last of the Summer Wine
Dr Willoughby
Are You Being Served?
Grownups
My Hero
Gimme Gimme Gimme

Quote: martin williams @ June 10 2011, 2:16 AM BST

1. Miranda: Not funny at all. Just because she is big and stares into the camera. Unbelievable shocking comedy.

2. Not Going Out: Lee Mack is the only saving grace in this. I found it hard wotk. It's not a sitcom it's the Lee and Tim show with some extras. The quietness of the show format and canned laughter really puts me off. totally unbelievable plot.

3. The Big Ask: It just shows doesn't it, that if you are a stand up or have your own sketch show then it spreads like wildfire. Hey let's make a new show and put some more average comedians on and sell a show for £50. Talentless and like premiership footballers they all follow the money. Don't they!

Are you answering a different thread...?

2point4 Children is the most boring sitcom in the history of British television. I'm sorry, I don't find it funny at all, I can't relate to it. It's probably an age thing.

I completely agree with you on this. Morning.

I'll just give you 12 off the top of my head, in no particular order:

Alan Partridge
The Young Ones
The Office
Rising Damp
Garth Merenghi's Darkplace
Nathan Barley
Steptoe and Son
Spaced
Red Dwarf
Blackadder
Only Fools and Horses
Father Ted

Quote: martin williams @ June 10 2011, 2:23 AM BST

2point4 Children is the most boring sitcom in the history of British television. I'm sorry, I don't find it funny at all, I can't relate to it. It's probably an age thing.

Well I've never seen it. I'm actually going to start watching it sometime over the next week or so. I've seen most of the first episode and liked that. Belinda (Lang?) is the mother and she was very good in the sitcom 'Second Thoughts' (from which 'Faith in the Future' spun-off - shhhwwweeeeeeeeeeeeeeee).

Quote: catskillz @ June 10 2011, 6:34 AM BST

I'll just give you 12 off the top of my head, in no particular order:

Alan Partridge
The Young Ones
The Office
Rising Damp
Garth Merenghi's Darkplace
Nathan Barley
Steptoe and Son
Spaced
The Golden Girls
Will and Grace
Blackadder
The Fresh Prince

Why, how many DVDs do you carry round on your head?

Quote: catskillz @ June 10 2011, 6:34 AM BST

The Golden Girls
Will and Grace
The Fresh Prince

Whistling nnocently Ahem

Oh yeah! I'll edit it.

I loved 2point4 Children. I can imagine, if you haven't seen it, it appears to be just another My Family, but it's a lot better than that.

Absolutely Fabulous
The Vicar of Dibley
Fawlty Towers
Jam and Jerusalem
The Young Ones
Bottom
The Life and Times of Vivian Vyle
The Thick of It
Girls On Top
Happy Families
Getting On
Blackadder

Sorry - I really have to take issue with you on this, "Martin". How is it NOT a sitcom? Because there's a lot of gags? God forbid. And they're not 'extras' - if you're referring to Sally Bretton, Miranda Hart and Katy Wix they're supporting characters. What does 'quietness of the show format' mean? And it isn't 'canned laughter'. It was filmed in front of an audience. Totally unbelievable plot? It's a COMEDY. It's meant to exaggerate things for comic effect.

1) Wisdom's Claw
2) Hattie's Sledge
3) The Burglar and the Cock
4) Bandwidth Towers
5) The Lemmings
6) The Navy Guff
7) Bumbridge Titties
8) The Alison Piss files
9) The Potato Club
10) Buggering Will
11) The Nice Neighbours
12) Selkirk's Paedo Farm

I don't think I've missed any out.

I've just added World of Pub to my list. Does anyone remember it?