The Fun Police Page 2

I rather enjoyed it!
I love Rhys Darby.

One of the worst things I've ever seen. And I'm a big Matt Morgan fan.

Sorry about double-threading, guys.
And just to re-iterate - I thought it was shocking

It certainly had weak points, but I thought it was a wonderfully big, silly, studio sitcom - exactly of the sort that TV is crying out for.

Katy Wix? With a mechanical arm? I don't know what more one could ask for! ;)

There was potential with the setting and some of the characters, and I'm certainly up for more big, silly, IT Crowd-esque sitcoms, but this seemed like it needed several more drafts. The 'story threads', as much as they were, weren't really up to much, and there didn't seem to be any real stand out moments or set pieces. Hopefully that psychiatrist character isn't supposed to return.

I don't think I really laughed, but the audience seemed to be in hysetrics throughout. Actually, I think I sniggered a bit at Vic Reeves.

Having said that, I don't think it would need too much work to develop it into a watchable show.

Comedy is really about how they dress up very old jokes. And there were a couple of good old jokes in there and a lot of rubbish.

Needs time to grow. Quite enjoyed Katy Wix performance. Don't think I've seen her before?

Quote: Leevil @ September 17 2011, 2:32 PM BST

Needs time to grow. Quite enjoyed Katy Wix performance. Don't think I've seen her before?

She was in last week's Comedy Showcase pilot (Coma Girl), and in the Comedy Lab pilot the week before that (Anna & Katy), and on Would I Lie To You? yesterday.

And she's in Not Going Out.

Quote: Matthew Stott @ September 17 2011, 4:26 PM BST

And she's in Not Going Out.

And The King Is Dead.

Haven't watched them.

I quite liked it, but the truly awful laugh track/audience recording ruined it. They seemed to laugh at each line no matter as to its wit/funniness...

I was recording Chickens and I thought, what the hell I'll just record the rest of the series and see what the others are like. So I think I'm right in saying that I missed the first one. Chickens took about three watches to actually get into and get all of the jokes and I can see it becoming a little bit of a slow burning hit. Coma Girl...is there even a plot for a series? Not particularly funny, too low key and just...hmmm? This however, was pretty good. After The Inbetweeners I'm starting to realise that sitcoms don't need a laughter track and found it annoying in the final series of My Family. But here, it actually really livened it up. I don't know what the audience were on though, I didn't think it was THAT funny haha. But seriously, enjoyed this the most of the three so far...f**king ridiculous and complete garbage from start to finish obviously but I actually found myself wanting to see what else they could do.

Quote: Leevil @ September 17 2011, 5:10 PM BST

Haven't watched them.

She was also in Miranda.
Leevil clearly just hates television.