Isn't that thingy? Page 2

Apparently, Andi Osho was in Casualty or Holby.

Quote: TopBanana @ May 1 2011, 8:36 PM BST

Apparently, Andi Osho was in Casualty or Holby.

Isn't everyone in Casualty or Holby at some point now that they can't be in The Bill any more?

Anyone play that game with theatre programmes where you go through the cast credits and spot the Bill/Holby/Casualty/etc, count them up and see who has the most bit parts that they are willing to admit to? Or which credits are really obscure and bizarre links to much better known actors? A sort of six degrees of Kevin Bacon idea.

A bit diferent but Father Hernandez (the Cuban lad!) in Father Ted was played by the guy who was Gupte in Only When I Laugh!

Quote: KLRiley @ May 1 2011, 10:00 PM BST

Isn't everyone in Casualty or Holby at some point now that they can't be in The Bill any more?

As a kid even I had a speaking role in an episode of Casualty. Being in Casualty is like jury service, you'll eventually be called.

Quote: lofthouse @ May 1 2011, 10:16 PM BST

A bit diferent but Father Hernandez (the Cuban lad!) in Father Ted was played by the guy who was Gupte in Only When I Laugh!

I noticed that recently. Derrick Branche, IIRC.

Quote: Tim Walker @ May 1 2011, 10:17 PM BST

As a kid even I had a speaking role in an episode of Casualty. Being in Casualty is like jury service, you'll eventually be called.

Oooooh!
Was Duffy in it?

Quote: Griff @ May 1 2011, 7:26 PM BST

Watched The Office again recently after not seeing it for ages, and spotted Robin Ince as one of the candidates who turns up for a job at Wernham Hogg. I knew Ince and Gervais worked together (didn't Ince support Gervais on tour at one point?) but I don't think I'd noticed him in the series.

Apropos Robin Ince (especially as he's featured in links on the BCG front page), he's probably the least accomplished (established professional) stand-up comedian I've ever seen. And I've seen Gina Yashere.

Quote: Tim Walker @ May 1 2011, 10:20 PM BST

Apropos Robin Ince (especially as he's featured in links on the BCG front page), he's probably the least accomplished stand-up comedian I've ever seen. And I've seen Gina Yashere.

Saucer of milk for Dr Walker please. (You are completely right about Gina though ;) )

Quote: zooo @ May 1 2011, 10:20 PM BST

Oooooh!
Was Duffy in it?

Not in my scene, but I had two lines of with Charlie. :)

Wowww!

Quote: KLRiley @ May 1 2011, 10:21 PM BST

Saucer of milk for Dr Walker please.

There's no real bitchiness about it, it's just that he seems to have no real natural ability to be funny whatsoever. These shows he does mixing comedy with art/science/literature just seem to be a very convenient mask to the fact that he's not any good at fulfilling his stated role as stand-up comedian.

I'm sure he's a lovely chap and everything, but he would never have supported Gervais on tour if the decision had been based purely on his merits as a comedian.

Quote: zooo @ May 1 2011, 10:22 PM BST

Wowww!

If I'd known this information was going to impress you this much, dear, I would have mentioned it several years ago. If you were a kid who did some semi-pro acting growing-up in Bristol in the 1980s, at some stage you were almost guaranteed to end up on a trolley in Holby A&E. With your alcoholic/junkie/violent/incestuous mother or father being asked nosy-parker questions by those pious f**king doctors and nurses.

(As it happened, I didn't play a patient, I played a carol singer.)

Russell Brand was in The Bill, as was Paul O'Grady.

Clare Grogan was in Father Ted.

Quote: Tim Walker @ May 1 2011, 10:29 PM BST

If I'd known this information was going to impress you this much, dear, I would have mentioned it several years ago. If you were a kid who did some semi-pro acting growing-up in Bristol in the 1980s, at some stage you were almost guaranteed to end up on a trolley in Holby A&E. With your alcoholic/junkie/violent/incestuous mother or father being asked nosy-parker questions by those pious f**king doctors and nurses.

(As it happened, I didn't play a patient, I played a carol singer.)

Cooooool. I probably saw your episode. I did love a bit of Casualty when I was little. Even though some bits were really scary.

Quote: Tim Walker @ May 1 2011, 10:29 PM BST

There's no real bitchiness about it, it's just that he seems to have no real natural ability to be funny whatsoever. These shows he does mixing comedy with art/science/literature just seem to be a very convenient mask to the fact that he's not any good at fulfilling his stated role as stand-up comedian.

I'm sure he's a lovely chap and everything, but he would never have supported Gervais on tour if the decision had been based purely on his merits as a comedian.

Some comedians do have a gift that way. I'll take my saucer away and save for someone more deserving.

Quote: zooo @ May 1 2011, 8:02 PM BST

Half of you will probably object to thinking of him as a comedian, but it was really weird seeing a clip of a really old Teachers ep recently and seeing James Corden as a school boy. I forgot that's where I first saw him.

He was also in an episode of Little Britian as Daffyd's brother.