Two Pints - Series 9 Page 3

I did not like the revamped theme tune!

Watched it out of curiosity and that has been satisfied - It was as I expected. Charater portrayal replacements?
The sister a BOGOF replacement for a gobby skank AND a maddish one.
The carer a replacement for the one who annoys Gaz - Remember Munch?
Loved it when they were young and funny. RIP Two Pints.

Painfully woefully drab and unfunny.

I love the new series with the new characters of Cassie and Billy, and I actually went to see one of the episodes being filmed.

Their attempt at revamping has worked - just about - and the new characters bring a new level of comedy that is welcomed after a period of being off screen. The characters have lots of speed due to the brilliant and crude writing of the scripts. Will it be enough for another series? I hope so, as we of course miss Sherdian (Janet) and Kathryn (Louise), who bring their sexiness and lovely comedy to the show, and maybe they can come in again and give us a tease of their characters.

This series so far has given us what we all love about the show, a sexy-filled drunken, crude comedy!

What is your highlight so far?

I couldn't get used to it at first, but I'm liking it now, a lot more than Series 7 & 8 which fell a bit flat at times.

I hope it gets a series 10.

Plus very happy that my hometown got a mention in an episode, that always scores points :)

I watched this last last night and seem to have inadvertently caught the last episode of the series - as there were only six.

I've taken issue with critics of this show over the years as it really has been no worse than any other long running sitcom and when it's been good it's been very good indeed.

I've got mixed feelings about the show continuing with so many cast changes but in truth the characters who've gone were never the heart of the programme. Louise's character was always painfully weak - even for a sitcom and what can you say about Ralf Little? His apathy was palpable in some episodes. Sheridan Smith acted the part of Janet well enough, but her character was always hampered by having play off Little.

The heart of the show has always been the believable and cleverly acted relationship between Gaz and Donna. Natalie Casey has brought so much to this over the years that the sharp career assent of the solid but unexceptional Sheridan Smith has always seemed inexplicable to me. Here again she effortlessly gets under your skin with her farewell scene at the airport.

On a side note watching this episode is how I heard of the death of Gareth Carrivick, who directed the show for years as well as Dibley and the pilot of Miranda. He was great director too. F**k off Death - or at least f**k off over to ITV.

Quote: Godot Taxis @ May 25 2011, 3:11 PM BST

The heart of the show has always been the believable and cleverly acted relationship between Gaz and Donna. Natalie Casey has brought so much to this over the years that the sharp career assent of the solid but unexceptional Sheridan Smith has always seemed inexplicable to me. Here again she effortlessly gets under your skin with her farewell scene at the airport.

She is brilliant.
Even several million years ago when she was in Hollyoaks she managed to be great (and very funny).

I've never seen her in anything else. She must have a terrible agent.

She's about to co-star in a new Susan Nickson pilot, Merry Widows.

Aside from Two Pints, I understand she's done quite a bit of stage work.

Oh my gosh! I've just seen the series finale. Does anyone else remember when Two Pints was a light entertainment show? For a comedy show that was extremely depressing. I know this show has always tried to include a bit of drama with affairs, shootings and illegitimate children, but it least they got a few jokes in along the way. Donna's plight at the end of this episode was enough to make me want to jump off something high. :(

I watched the finale today and cried like an absolute baby. Comedy my arse. I hope it comes back I've grown up with it I can't stand the thought of Donna dying alone

She only has a suspect fanny. She's not necessarily dying!

I know we watch comedy shows to escape reality, but can you seriously say that you know any young people who talk the way the characters do in this show? It's unbearable.

Quote: Millsy @ May 27 2011, 12:31 PM BST

I know we watch comedy shows to escape reality, but can you seriously say that you know any young people who talk the way the characters do in this show? It's unbearable.

What kind of sugar-coated planet are you on? Rolling eyes

Young people today say far worse things than the dialogue on this programe. Lots of them use the F word all the time, but you'll only hear it once per series on Two Pints.

I don't mean the swearing, it's the way they interact with each other. Nobody speaks like that.

See also; Grownups and Coming Of Age.