Two Pints - Series 9

To whet your appetite in anticipation of Series 9, to make you comedy officiandos salivate like the mechanical Pavlovian dogs you truly are, here's an interview with Two Pints creator Susan Nickson, talking about her epic Odyssey across the rough, torturous seas of post-pub, multi-camera BBC Three sitcom...

https://www.comedy.co.uk/tv/two_pints/special/two_pints_at_ten/

A very good read, I thought.

Really looking forward to the shows on Tuesday.

(Oh, is it only series 9? It seems to have gone on for oh-so-much-longer... Thanks for the edit, Aaron. ;))

It will interesting to see how the development of the US version goes. Of course, one fears that they might dumb it down to make it more accessible to a lowest common denominator audience. Does anyone know if Sheridan Smith's tits will be transferring to the US re-make?

Didn't even know it had been filmed yet.

Any adverts for it or has it all been low-key?

Oh, I thought this had actually ended, didn't realise they were still making it.

Come on, Matthew, you must have seen Carrie... Teary

Quote: Tim Walker @ April 23 2011, 11:30 AM BST

https://www.comedy.co.uk/tv/two_pints/special/two_pints_at_ten/

Pah!

Quote: Tim Walker @ April 23 2011, 11:48 AM BST

(Oh, is it only series 9? It seems to have gone on for oh-so-much-longer... Thanks for the edit, Aaron. ;))

It will interesting to see how the development of the US version goes. Of course, one fears that they might dumb it down to make it more accessible to a lowest common denominator audience. Does anyone know if Sheridan Smith's tits will be transferring to the US re-make?

I think Susan's working on other projects Stateside, not a Two Pints remake.

Why won't this die!?

Because it's popular.

You don't have to watch it!

The only decent thing this show had left was Sheridan Smith's cleavage and now it doesn't even have that. :(

Is that the bloke off The Bill?

I enjoyed both the new episodes!
The new characters work well, and it made me laugh.

Undecided, halfway through episode 1.

Billy is a good character but Tim's sister is an annoying wench.

I can see there being potential in it as long as the cast stays the same from now on.

It would have been nice to have Janet and Louise from time to time though.

Having a sitcom change most of its characters for new ones seems a bit odd to me. It wouldn't be Black Books anymore if Bernard and Manny left and some new crazy characters bought the shop.