Touch Me, I'm Karen Taylor Page 8

Well I've got my tickets booked and March 26th ringed in my diary. I love her as the school teacher - if I haven't already said that.

Quote: David Chapman @ February 1, 2008, 8:41 PM

Well I've got my tickets booked and March 26th ringed in my diary. I love her as the school teacher - if I haven't already said that.

You filthy bastard!

So does anyone want to go to see her with me?

I have got some friends - honestly - but I've got a spare ticket and wondered if anyone here wanted to come.

Could be good experience and maybe make some contacts.

I think she is very funny.

Great in places - a couple of dodgy ones - but she does seem quite genuine. I know you can never tell. And Anna Crilly was brilliant too.

I'm really looking forward going again on April 11 and seeing it on screen.

There was a disappointing audience though - only about 80 - which reflects the Marmite opinions on this thread. Definitely worth going though if only to see how they put such a show together.

I think she's a very talented comedian. But her show reflects the two main faults in UK TV sketch comedy currently.

1 Repeating characters ad infinitum (Check out TWTW, or Python, for continual innovation), and a few high budget flashy numbers. I think there's few comics who are strong enough not to be buried by this.

2 It wasn't written by me.

Quote: David Chapman @ March 27, 2008, 10:06 AM

There was a disappointing audience though - only about 80 - which reflects the Marmite opinions on this thread.

OUCH! What studio was that in?!

(Agreed that Anna Crilly is great.)

She's does a bit too much tits and ass comedy for me - even though I find some of her stuff quite funny.

Now, her tits and ass, on the other hand ... ;)

Quote: Antony Wheeler @ March 27, 2008, 11:24 AM

Now, her tits and ass, on the other hand ... ;)

You'd need more than one hand!

Quote: Aaron @ March 27, 2008, 11:03 AM

OUCH! What studio was that in?!

It was at Pinewood Studio - supposed to be the main studio - at Teddington.

So in fact, NOT Pinewood then. :P

Quote: Aaron @ March 27, 2008, 1:46 PM

So in fact, NOT Pinewood then. :P

It said so on the walls outside!

Owned and run by the Pinewood Shepperton Group. Sprite is owned and made by The Coca-Cola Company, but it doesn't make it Coca-Cola!

But it was A Pinewood Studio then wasn't it!!!!!

It was a Pinewood-Shepperton owned studio. :P 'A Pinewood Studio' suggests it actually being at Pinewood.

Quote: Aaron @ March 27, 2008, 3:57 PM

It was a Pinewood-Shepperton owned studio. :P 'A Pinewood Studio' suggests it actually being at Pinewood.

I don't know what bloody wood it was.