Touch Me, I'm Karen Taylor

Anyone seen this. I thought it was really good with the occasional bad or unoriginal sketch but I think its one of the better new comedy shows from BBC Three. Maybe it has something to do with the number of writers (fourteen) on the show. If you like Smack the Pony then I think you'll like this. The Cash Cow sketch is hilarious.

When was this or when is this on because i've heard about it. Karen Taylor is funny.

Its on the BBC comedy website on their media player.

Has it been on? I forgot. Woops. Too tired these days...

It gets a scathing write-up in the Radio Times, so I guess Josh won't be watching.

Is she a nice looking bit. If not I aint touching nothing. I dont lick anyhoo. Its against the cock religion of which I am a founder.

It's not been on BBC3 yet (it starts Monday). ajp29 must have been watching it via http://www.bbc.co.uk/comedy/karentaylor/

I watched this online last night and had to turn off halfway through. Like Ronni Ancona, okay when part of a team but out of her depth on her own. The Sketch Show was a million miles away from this.

The sketches seemed so tired or maybe it's the format. If you present an old joke in a fresh way it can still be good. This wasn't. Definitely think gang sketch shows are the way to go.

Finished watching the last fifteen minutes and people have been talking about lazy writing in Gavin & Stacey etc and there was lots of it in here with the Cash Cow scene.

"The..........." And the answers that were given were just poorly written. If the line would have been anything the audience would have laughed. If you listen to 'I'm Sorry I Haven't A Clue' it's so well thought out so when there is a space to put a funny line in it has a bite to it. They've just written this in ten minutes.

"I know, why don't we have them say 'The vase on the TV'."

"Yeah, that's a good one." Rolling eyes

I thought this was alright but nothing more. Then I saw that it had 14 writers working on it...that is just poor, that amount of people should be able to come up with something far better than this.

Quote: Badge @ June 8, 2007, 12:02 AM

It gets a scathing write-up in the Radio Times, so I guess Josh won't be watching.

:D

Just got this on in the background. Performances are not bad, and some of the sketch ideas are okay too, but on the whole it just seems a bit... well, lame. The beeb seem to have been "developing" Ms Taylor for ages now, but the script doesn't seem to have had much polish put on it.

I liked the opening sketch & the funeral visit but the rest to be fair was quite shit. Shame. I was so wanting & willing for it to be great.

I'm watching Black-Adder The Third on UKTV Gold. Spotted it was on, but to be honest, really couldn't be bothered.

I missed this too. Something keeps distracting me.