Radio reject sketch, Why, do you think? Page 5

I think you and Griff are having fun, otherwise why would you keep reading this thread.

Well, we wouldn't want one of your digs to go unanswered now would we? :)

You specifically asked for critique and I took the time to bother giving it. You got some very useful critique on here (not mine admittedly) and I hope you take something from it in future.

Jerf, you are clearly passionate about your writing, and good on you for that, but maybe it's not a good idea to ask for constructive criticism if you are not prepared to be criticised?
I don't find either of those jokes funny either, or at least, not in the context of stand alone jokes. However, what MIGHT work is if you got a character to voice them - if there was an old comedian in your Hippodrome Heights scenario who still told outdated jokes and wonders why people don't laugh, that could have some comedy legs......?
Think of Reeves and Mortimer's tumbleweed in Shooting Stars....?

Sorry, I didn't realise you were a woman, that explains a lot

Quote: Jerf Roberwitz @ March 12 2011, 9:31 PM GMT

Sorry, I didn't realise you were a woman, that explains a lot

Laughing out loud
Glad to hear that...

Posiekins, You must know yourself that when writing a sketch, you can view it in your mind, the reader just reads the words.
Yes I do like writing, even if it is poor, but I also like the on thread sparring.

Fair enough!
BTW, have now given up trying to post a "witty" image on here in response, and my snappy reply has well and truly left the building.

Quote: Jerf Roberwitz @ March 12 2011, 8:35 PM GMT

It is true,I did try to finish with a more modern ending. The original finished with 'How much is that doggy in the window'

I first heard the 'Barmaid' joke in about 1955, in those days smoking was allowed in pubs.

Anything done or said today,has been said and done before. Groucho Marx.

I have 400 posts most of them trying to improve my sketch writing'
This thread has been spoiled by, and I'm sorry to say this but frankly,inane critique, most of the offenders having more posts than a fence around an Australian sheep farm.

Jerf, it seems you want to pass off old jokes as your own material for critique (and pretend they have been submitted to non-existent radio shows). Now, I'm not sure if there's anything all that wrong with doing this. But I know a man who is pretty sure: https://www.comedy.co.uk/forums/thread/4731/

Well that's given this thread some context.

Quote: zooo @ March 12 2011, 8:53 PM GMT

I've even got boobs and everything.

I demand photographic evidence. And no clothes or nuffink, cos then you could be faking them.

Badge, At least I admitted it, now how about you doing the same.
My excuse was that I didn't know it was an offence.
The Fools and Horses writer, John Sullivan uses old jokes very often.
The Cooee sketch is original and similar to one in 'Fools'
One of Rodney's pals goes off to chat up a girl in the Down by the Riverside club
He claims the reason she won't respond to his charms,is because she is a lesbian.
If you write that sketch out yourself, it looks on paper quite unfunny and even offensive but very different when acted out
The barmaid put-down sketch is an unattributable joke used thousands of times
Would fit straight into the Nags Head pub.
Del Boy having sold his 'loovray doors, lights up a cigar,(when it was allowed)
and is made fun of by barmaid, and ,no, I do not regard myself equal to John Sullivan.

Come on Badge show us how good you are, write an original funny sketch
on this thread.

Quote: zooo @ March 13 2011, 12:40 PM GMT

I doubt very much that they're that size.

I wouldn't be able to walk!

I'm afflicted myself