Radio reject sketch, Why, do you think? Page 2

Quote: Afinkawan @ March 10 2011, 1:18 PM GMT

Remember how the Brazillian priest was overdubbed in Father Ted? I think that would work perfectly well on radio.

Not as well though. A voice overlayed over another voice is somewhat confusing on the radio. On TV you could see what the priest was doing to help set up the gags.

All this is besides the point of the original sketch posted though.

Yes, I need to know which producer dissed it.

Two pages discussing this sketch?

I know. I can't believe it either.

Absurd, really absurd that commenting about this sketch has stretched to two pages.

You would think that people have nothing better to do with their time.

If nothing else, I'd have thought the punchline to that sketch would have turned up by now...

Eversten, I'm begining to understand your point, some sketches look
better visual. It seems reading formatted sketches is an art only gained by experience.The sketch seemed funnier in my head than it so obviously
did in others. I was hoping for instuction, I'm sorry to trouble those who feel it's not worth debating. Does the edit make it clearer.

I'm not trying to be rude, but I still don't really understand what the joke actually is.
Two bricklayers are shouting things at a woman? Then what?

'No, I still don't get it Ted.'

Quote: zooo @ March 11 2011, 3:13 PM GMT

I'm not trying to be rude, but I still don't really understand what the joke actually is.
Two bricklayers are shouting things at a woman? Then what?

This.

I'm glad to see 11 years after it's release The Baha Men's 'Who let the dogs out' is still making us laugh.

Then again the only thing builders ever shout at me is 'Cheer up love, it might never happen'.

I've had that a few times!
My face looks naturally pissed off, I think.

Builders just ignore me :(

Quote: Nat Wicks @ March 11 2011, 3:43 PM GMT

Fear.

Quote: Nat Wicks @ March 11 2011, 3:43 PM GMT

I'm sure they're just checking out your scaffolding :)