CHANNEL 4 SEMINARS

did anyone apply for tickets for any of these? if they did, has anyone heard back from C4 yet? they're on next week so i guess i didn't win the golden ticket.

I had the reply emails today. So it's around now that they're letting people know.

i liked the sketches you did. the policeman was good.
did C4 let you go? if you get in don't eat any of the sweets or they won't let you take over the factory.

Yep we're in the Making it Big one and the Making it Funny ones. But I think it was because I stressed the activity that we've been performing on the C4 4Laughs website which got us through.

I have to stress this is the only time I've ever had a 'lucky' break. Knowing my luck I'll end up in a remake of Wonky Willy and the Fudge Factory.

PS cheers for the comments, Johnny. :)

You'll have to record it all, covert-stylee.

Use that policeman's hat, to hide a camera in.

actually you could sneak us all in. we'll be by the fire door.

Quote: johnny roulette @ June 5, 2007, 11:12 PM

actually you could sneak us all in. we'll be by the fire door.

Ha ha. I like your style Johnny - welcome to the site by the way.

I've been lucky enough to get a ticket to the comedy seminar. Slags -see you there at some point (unless you're too busy packing fudge!)

I'll try to take some mental notes. On the seminar that is.

I applied and got through. I'm off to the make em laugh seminar on tuesday.

Hoping that I can pull some good conatacts while I'm there

I'm going to be there Tuesday too. I'll be the one sporting a large untamed beard and wearing a blue dress.

Mr Pie.

dress to impress!

This stuff HAS to be on once I start my job, doesn't it? DAMN YOU WORLD!

So, okay you lot... give us the low down on what it was like (and most importantly, did Mr Pie's dress match his eyes?)

It was a stunning Yyes Saint Laurent, off the shoulder number.

It was a good day, funny, informative and with some free wine and hob-nobbing at the end. The venue was nice, the waiting area looked like a Bond Villain's base and the seminar was in a small cinema, about 100 people. The speaker line-up had slightly changed. It was Nira Park (Spaced), Ash Atalla (Office), The Head of C4 comedy (Sorry I can't remember names) and another producer (from Peep Show). So no writers but we probably learned more from the producers than we would have from writers.

They stressed the importance of the ability to be able to re-write. To take producers notes and make the changes. They stressed this A LOT!! So even if you think a script change is bad you have to be able to overcome the ego and come up with more ideas.

Errrrr.... I will try and remember some more tips we got later. But it was a good day, worth going to. I briefly met Mr Rivers, I even saw 1 girl in a boat, but only from a distance as I was scared. Sadly I didn't see the Slaggs.

And finally, the event was filmed so keep an eye out on the 4Talent website as no doubt it will at some point end up on there.

SP

P.S. If anyone is better with names than me please post.