Eurovision Song Contest Page 12

Quote: WrongTale @ May 26 2012, 10:49 PM BST

Who in the right mind could vote for Albania? Screaming out of tune and dressing like Padmé Amidala's follower does not make a half-decent song.

Wondered if perhaps it "sounded" better if you could understand the lyrics.

Quote: David Carmon @ May 27 2012, 12:43 AM BST

God that was abysmal, again.

Can't believe poor old Engy Bert Humpernickles only got 12 points.

I really liked his song, seems I was the only one though.

I also liked the Turkish guys with their capes that turned into the boat.

I think Humperdinck's song was a grower. But you can't enter a grower into Eurovision! It has to be a song people love after only one listen.

Quote: zooo @ May 28 2012, 9:38 AM BST

I think Humperdinck's song was a grower. But you can't enter a grower into Eurovision! It has to be a song people love after only one listen.

It was a grower but other countries do lobby months before. The Swedish winner has been number one in a few countries for over the past few weeks. And this was a mediocre piece of 90s inspired dance euphoria from a country that produces plenty of much more interesting bands.

Quote: zooo @ May 28 2012, 9:38 AM BST

It sounded exactly like "Les bicyclettes de Belsize" which is what I thought it was when I first heard it.

I saw an advert for this earlier. Seems to have arrived without any build up. I haven't even heard Bonnie's song yet.

I saw a couple of songs today, Malta's was quite good.

Ours is crap, as ever.

Ours is awful. We need to get back to the old days, we need a Binky blinky plonk song sung by someone really middle of the road, but not drawing their pension.

The woman we've got is known for her massive power ballads, so we could at least have given her something like that to sing. But no, just some dull boring nothingy song. Useless.

"Marry Me" to win.
will sticka couple of quid on if it gets through tonight.

Quote: Pingl @ May 16 2013, 10:27 PM BST

Ours is awful. We need to get back to the old days, we need a Binky blinky plonk song sung by someone really middle of the road, but not drawing their pension.

Yeah. Trouble is Demis Roussos is Greek.

Do the songs have to be original? Bonnie belting out her hero song would have walked it.

The reason we don't win is everyone else thinks it's serious, whereas we think it's camp.
So we send camp/ironic acts.
So we lose.

Quote: Lazzard @ May 17 2013, 10:40 AM BST

The reason we don't win is everyone else thinks it's serious, whereas we think it's camp.
So we send camp/ironic acts.
So we lose.

We certainly haven't had anybody with the gravitas of Bucks Fizz for quite a while.

Quote: chipolata @ May 17 2013, 10:43 AM BST

We certainly haven't had anybody with the gravitas of Bucks Fizz for quite a while.

But that was pre-camp.
We (God help us) thought they were a half-decent pop act at the time.
Now it's ironic ie "isn't it hilarious that they take it so seriously, while we just take the piss"
Which makes for funny commentary on the night, but means we don't win.
Not that we need worry about that, in the grand scheme of things.

First semi final just airing here. Belarus was just on. So far only Montanegro is the only kooky ones so far.Not sure if they were trying to be. Errr