Eurovision Song Contest Page 9

Kramer from Seinfeld is singing for Israel

Baku looks lovely, who'd have thought it?

Why is it the UK automatically get a place, again?
Everyone else seems to have to do the semi finals first.

The UK are part of the EuroClique

And we (along with a few others) pay the most towards it apparently.

In 1999 a rule change allowed the United Kingdom, along with France, Germany and Spain to automatically qualify for the Eurovision Song Contest final (irrespective of their recent scores and without entering a semi-final), due to being the biggest financial contributors to the EBU. 1 Due to their untouchable status in the Contest, these countries became known as the "Big Four" (which became the "Big Five" in 2011 following the return of Italy to the Contest). 2
In 2008 it was rumoured that the "Big Four" would lose their automatic qualification, and would have to compete in the semi-finals for the first time. 3 However it was announced by the EBU that this would not be the case and the four countries would still automatically quality for the final of the 2009 contest without having to enter a semi-final, 4 and this has remained as of 2012.

Ahhh, thanks!

I like getting special treatment. I feel we deserve it, just for being so awesome.

Turns out the grannies can't sing AT ALL. But it was strangely catchy.

Quote: AngieBaby @ May 22 2012, 8:54 PM BST

Baku looks lovely, who'd have thought it?

That's a great mix of Photoshop ... and oil.

Russian babushkas are sure to win.

A comment from internet: "Do these old women fit into each other?" :D

Aparently Iran is calling Azerbeijan for hosting eurovision could mean war

There's a rap song with the lyrics "f**kin' in der poo-poo".
Classy.

Quote: Steve Sunshine @ May 22 2012, 8:44 PM BST

Kramer from Seinfeld is singing for Israel

Also looked a little like a cross between Mr. Bean & Gary Glitter, if you can imagine such a thing.

I'd rather not!

I thought Jedward were amazing. So Eurovision it hurts.

I know eff all about betting having only had a few bets in my life but it would seem that the Russian grannies are second favourite !

http://www.oddschecker.com/specials/tv/eurovision

Who the hell voted for Albania? She looked like a cross between Heather Small, Adele and Bjork, plus she sang like a Chipmunked up sheep!

The first semi final is just airing in Australia. I've had a few laughs so far- although I'm not sure any of them were meaning to be funny.

Austria are on at the moment, their name and some of lyrics sound like some rude english words. :P

That'll be 'Trachshittaz" and "Fockin wit der Poo-Poo'

Did they get through?

I do hope so - I can imagine my boys (9 & 7) will find them most amusing - we however will have to pretend that we've no idea what they're talking about.

The second semi is nothing to shout about on the comedy front - all the good stuff was in Heat1

Quote: Lazzard @ May 25 2012, 1:39 PM BST

That'll be 'Trachshittaz" and "Fockin wit der Poo-Poo'

Did they get through?

I do hope so - I can imagine my boys (9 & 7) will find them most amusing - we however will have to pretend that we've no idea what they're talking about.

The second semi is nothing to shout about on the comedy front - all the good stuff was in Heat1

"Woki mit der poo poo" I believe, although it does sound more like "f*** him in the poo poo".

Unfortunately the Trackshittaz, yes really, didn't get through the first semi-final.