Psychoville - Series 2 Page 23

Quote: Matthew Stott @ September 14 2011, 7:46 PM BST

No third series:

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/tv/news/a340399/reece-shearsmith-confirms-no-more-psychoville.html

:(:(:(

TV makes me sad.

:'( This is one of the saddest things I've heard this week.

'630,000 at the end of the run, averaging less than 829,000'

That's loads of people BBC, don't be a muppet! :(

Well it's loads compared to the readership of this thread, but sadly it's not as many as the slot should really have been getting. And, as stated, quite a bit lower than Series 1.

Shows that most people are very silly and don't know what's good for them.

That news is definitely a shame, but I'm looking forward to the 'something else'.

Quote: Shandonbelle @ September 15 2011, 9:38 PM BST

That news is definitely a shame, but I'm looking forward to the 'something else'.

Oh yes, must focus on the positive!

Quote: Aaron @ September 15 2011, 9:31 PM BST

Well it's loads compared to the readership of this thread, but sadly it's not as many as the slot should really have been getting. And, as stated, quite a bit lower than Series 1.

True that BBC has to chase ratings and analyse slots, but 630,000 (minimum) disappointed viewers seems silly. Can't they change the slot, or even the channel? Do we know if they take into account iPlayer? Never really trust these figures anyway, no-one official has ever asked me or anyone I know or any friends of friends of friends etc what we're watching.
Not really disputing the given facts, just thoroughly sulking

Yes, the BBC put a lot of weight on internal figures such as iPlayer - sadly, it doesn't always add up to a recommission.

Trollied, with around 440,000 viewers recomissioned by Sky1.. couldn't they just move Psychoville to BBC4? Is it unreasonable to wish for? Sigh.

Quote: Nat Wicks @ September 15 2011, 10:32 PM BST

Trollied, with around 440,000 viewers recomissioned by Sky1..

I would imagine that's pretty decent figures for Sky 1 though.

That's what I was getting at. 600,000 isn't a lot for BBC2 but it would be BBC4.

Reece has tweeted that they weren't cancelled . . . they had ideas for a third but chose not to submit them and then end up bring cancelled . . . this way it's ended at 2 series of their own volition.

Ah, interesting.

440,000 is huge for any digital channels and I believe they get a higher per viewer return, in terms of both subscription and advertising.

Also is this an example of bad karma coming around?