Vic Reeves and Bob Mortimer Page 2

I think the above three are quotes from the show so why are they "off topic"?

I don't think they are...

Quote: Chappers @ January 10 2011, 11:16 PM GMT

I think the above three are quotes from the show so why are they "off topic"?

Laughing out loud I don't get Reeves and Mortimer but Bussell & I are the 'new' Reeves & Mortimer!

Dan

I don't get R&M and I'm a bit weird (I have insight...and ears although a true eccentric is one who is oblivious!).

I have always really liked Reeves and Mortimer but I can see how some people don't get them - their humour isn't for everyone. I really like both The Smell of.. and Bang Bang..., but my favourite has always been Shooting Stars - some of Vic and Bob's best comedy moments were in the series, like when Larry Hagman won the fartridge!

The sad thing is that The Smell of Reeves and Mortimer DVDs have edited broadcast versions of the episodes - the 90s VHS releases have the extended versions which are much better. They cut a lot out of the episodes on the DVDs, such as the ends of the British Information Board films.

I personally think that their best sketch material that they did was in Vic Reeves Big Night Out and The Smell of Reeves and Mortimer. I've just brought of eBay the live Big Night Out video which was recorded in Newcastle. Should be an interesting watch.

You have made the best VHS purchase of the day, possibly the week. It pains me to see Vic Reeves spreading his talent so thinly across a dreary predictable episode of Shooting Stars when Big Night Out could deliver such huge thick wedges of juicy comedy goodness.

I'd love them to be given another Smell Of/Bang Bang type series, but I'm happy to see another Shooting Stars. I love it - they get to do sketches and things on it, it's not like it's all pure game show.

So earlier today on Twitter I saw some announcement about tickets to watch the recording of a pilot for 'The new Vic & Bob sitcom'. What is this?!? (Can't find tweet now)

Yeah, I read that. I may have had a little excitement-based accident.

It's exciting news, is what it is-is what it is.

Can't wait - Catterick was just fab!!!!