Eric & Ernie Page 4

Quote: smalltalk1960 @ May 23 2011, 10:49 AM BST

I never got the chance to watch this biopic of Eric and Ernie. Will it be shown again, or is there any way on the internet that I can watch this full biopic?

You might find it pop up on BBC Four at some point, otherwise all repeats have been and gone.

Why not get the DVD - less than £8?

See Amazon product listing

It was great to see Daniel Rigby get the Bafta for his spot on portrayal of Eric, perhaps this will prompt a repeat airing soon.

Quote: Griff @ May 23 2011, 2:56 PM BST

I really want to see a follow-up episode. There must be plenty more stories from the early days of M&W worth telling.

I second this motion!

Maybe we can get the lost years where they ran a detective agency investigating show biz crime?

Morcambe asnd the Wise guys?

Quote: Griff @ May 23 2011, 2:56 PM BST

I really want to see a follow-up episode. There must be plenty more stories from the early days of M&W worth telling.

Me too, it was really interesting.

The story as they make the break in the UK and fail to break America is worth doing. I read one version of their autobiography when I was about ten and thought it was brilliant. The Ed Sullivan show was a horror story.
However the problem may be simply one of will. Eric and Ernie was a concept by Victoria Wood, which is argubaly why we got a little bit too much Sadie. She's out of the picture once they go to ATV so what's in in for her? That said, given the Bafta success the commissioners might be persuaded to take a punt on it. We can only hope. Or send in a script to writer's room?

This was on Gold last night and, as I'd missed it first time round, I gave it a go.

I thought it was great.
True, it was a highly romanticised account and I'm sure played fast and loose with the facts.
But it seemed an entirely appropriate way to celebrate this beloved pair - as opposed to the usual "tears behind the smile" hatchet-job we've become used to.
Loved the way they retro-fitted catchphrases and 'routines' into their early history - pure bunkum I'm sure but very satisfying nonetheless.
Yes, Victoria Wood was a bit "I'll go to the foot of our stairs" and, as earlier posters have said, she bigged up her role.
But I saw this as a dramatic story-telling device, rather than vanity.
Daniel Rigby, though, was a revelation as Ernie - brilliant I thought.

But now he plays that dick in the BT ad....WTF?