That Friday Quiz Page 176

1 Silent Night

2 White

6 NYPD

3. Invisibility Cloak

Quote: Steve Sunshine @ 24th December 2015, 8:23 PM GMT

Merry Christmas George

Cheers Steve Merry Christmas To You To Steve :)

11.Tamagotchi

12.It's a Wonderful Life

8.Shoes?

20 ICING MARZIPAN

21 4

Thursday Quiz 24th December 2015
1. What Christmas carol was sung by soldiers on both sides of the trenches during the Christmas Eve ceasefire of 1914? Silent Night
2. What colour are the berries of the mistletoe plant? White
3. What did Harry Potter receive as an anonymous Christmas present in his first year at Hogwarts? Invisibility cloak
4. Name the film. Love, Actually

5. Which toy, popular since the 1920's has a name which in its original language means 'come-come'? Yo-yo
6. In the Christmas Song 'Fairy Tale of New York' which choir 'are singing Galway Bay'? The NYPD choir
7. Which Renaissance painters were a Christmas hit with children in 1990? Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles ( Donatello, Leonardo, Michelangelo and Rafael).
8. What do Dutch children use instead of a Christmas stocking? Shoe / clog
9. What links these pictures? Christmas dinner (Cranberries, Turkey, Brussels)

10. Name the actor Ben Affleck
11. Which toy, in an egg-shaped container was the best selling toy of 1997? Tamagotchi
12. In which Christmas film is Clarence one of the main characters? It's a Wonderful Life
13. In which country might you find this little chap on your plate for Christmas dinner? Iceland (a ptarmigan)
14. According to the nursery rhyme, who 'sat in the corner, eating his Christmas Pie'? Little Jack Horner
15. Who recorded the only eponymous UK Christmas No1 single? Mr Blobby
16. If the fire is so delightful, then how is the weather outside? Frightful

17. This traditional Christmas bread from the Low Countries represents what? Baby Jesus (a cougnou)

18. Santa is helping his elves to make toys. He can make 30 toys per hour.To stop getting bored he starts the day building 50 trains and then builds 50 planes. He then switches back to trains and so on until the end of the day. If he starts work at 8am, at what time will he finish his 108th train? 2:56pm

19. What connects these pictures: Christmas carols (As with Gladness, MEN OF OLD; The COVENTRY Carol; O Come All Ye FAITHFUL; Hark the HERALD Angel Sing; We Three Kings of ORIENT Are)

20. Unscramble the two words : A A C G I I I M N N P R Z MARZIPAN & ICING
21. 4

11. Nouvelle Cuisine

13. Serpico

17. Capers?

17 Olives?

It's three now, isn't it?

Yes 3 is fine

Quote: Gordon Bennett @ 8th January 2016, 11:26 AM GMT

Calm down dear.

4 Mary Whitehouse

5 Cote d'Azur

12 William

6. Green belt ?

8. Cab short for taxicab or for an HGV cabin.

15 Domesday book

20 Pumpkin Squash

Chuffed with this, as JohnnyD is the expert usually.

Still don't know who the first person is, so presume it is someone called Walker, as I finally figured it out when I got the last person as being Graham Kerr, the Galloping Gourmet. - knew he was a 1970s TV chef, but could not bring his name to mind until I was talking to my wife about it and Galloping Gourmet popped into my head.

So Question 19, the connection is horse's gaits:-

Walk(er)
Trot(ter)
Canter(bury)
Gallop(ing)