That Friday Quiz Page 177

Friday Quiz 23rd October 2015
1. The first in four years, it will be 25. What? Adele's new album
2. What was cancelled on Tuesday and rescheduled for Friday? One Direction gig in Belfast
3. Which company spends the most on their advertising in UK printed media? Sky
4. Who is this? Mary Whitehouse

5. What is the French name for the stretch of coastline which connects St Tropez, Cannes and Nice? Cote d'Azure
6. What name is given to an area of open space surrounding a city? Green belt
7. What League was formed by the major trading cities of Northern Europe in the 11th century? Hanseatic League
8. The word 'cab' is a shortened form of what? Cabriolet
9. What links these two pictures? Fox. David Taylor, also known as the Silver Fox, and David Duchovny who played Fox Mulder in The X Files

10. What 'D' is shown here? Dashiki
11. Which culinary term, popular in the late 1980s, means 'new cooking'? Nouvelle cuisine
12. Which boy's name is sweet when applied to a member of the dianthus family? William
13. Name the film. Serpico
14. Egg yolks and wine are the two main ingredients of which Italian dessert? Zabaglione
15. From what were London, Durham and Winchester omitted in 1086? The Domesday Book
16. Which peace treaty between the Allies and Germany officially ended World War I? Treaty of Versailles
17. What is growing here? Walnuts

18. My watch stopped yesterday. I didn't know what the right time was, but Johnny gave me the following clue: The time now can be found by adding a quarter of the time passed since midday today to half the time left until midnight tonight. What was the time? 4:48pm

19. What connects these pictures: Horses' gaits. Johnny WALKer; Cassandra TROTter; Archbishop of CANTERbury; GALLOPing Gourmet

20. Unscramble the two words : A H I K M N P P Q S S U U PUMPKIN & SQUASH
21. Wolves record goal scorer Steve Bull

Quote: Steve Sunshine @ 15th January 2016, 8:32 AM GMT

Friday Quiz 23rd October 2015

19. What connects these pictures: Horses' gaits. Johnny WALKer; Cassandra TROTter; Archbishop of CANTERbury; GALLOPing Gourmet

That was Johnny Walker? Ye gods, would never have recognised him. :O

Anyway, this week's:-

3 Francis Beaufort

11 Farnborough

14 South Sea

10. Scooch

17. Victoria Pendleton

20. TRICK and TREAT

6. Tempera
9. Duran Duran (from the film Barbarella.)
1. Heart Disease

4. House of Elliot.
12. Identikits?

12.PCSOs?

15.Twycross Zoo

21.4 times?

16 - I'm guessing Norway.

Steve have we got a quiz this friday .

Maybe

Friday Quiz 30th October 2015
1. Where did Patricia wreak havoc this week? In Mexico - she was a hurricane
2. HIV has just been surpassed by which other disease as the leading cause of death in humans? Tuberculosis
3. Who was the admiral who gave his name to a scale that described the force of winds? Beaufort
4. Name the TV series. House of Elliott

5. What is the mark called that fixes the maximum load line of a merchant vessel in salt water? Plimsoll line
6. What name is given to the painting medium that uses the yolks of eggs? Tempera
7. As an expert in excavating and tunneling, this Australian animal stands supreme. What is it called? Wombat
8. Which highly developed civilization preceded the Aztecs in Mexico? Toltecs
9. What links these two pictures? Barbarella. Jane Fonda starred in it, and Duran Duran is a character from it.

10. Name the group Scooch
11. Which Hampshire town is famous for its air show? Farnborough
12. What were introduced for the first time by Scotland Yard in 1961? Identikit pictures
13. Who is this? Justine Henin
14. Which bubble threatened to destroy the British economy in the 18th century? South Sea bubble
15. Which zoo is situated north-east of Tamworth? Twycross
16. Which Scandinavian country extends the furthest north? Norway
17. Name the celebrity dancer here. Victoria Pendleton

18. Griselda's granddad remarked: My granddaughter is about as many days old as my daughter is weeks, and my granddaughter is as many months as I am in years. My daughter, granddaughter and I together total 100 years. How old is Griselda's granddad in years? 60

19. What connects these pictures: Elton John songs: Nikita; Healing Hands; Daniel; Crocodile Rock; Sacrifice

20. Unscramble the two words : A C E I K R R T T T TRICK & TREAT
21. 3

5. Gauchos.
10. Rear Window.
19. The same first names as the actors in Friends.

11. tonic note
8. Pythagoras ?
9. They've all sued their hairdresser ?

6. Rowlf

9. They're both bands (Pointer Sisters, Van Halen) that were named after their sibling members. But I've got the feeling that there's more to it...

Edit:

...both had a hit called "Jump" in 1984!

8 Euclid

12 The Speaker

16 El Greco