What are you listening to now? Page 1,301

Around the Horne

Never gets old..

The Preatures Live (Sydney 2015)

I've been questioning what I've achieved and if I should be proud and the honest answer is a blaring no but I've done some stuff that I look back on wondering how I managed to keep at it. When I worked on this in 2008 and uploaded it to youtube this kind of top down view was rare and a top down recording with 100% accurate arpeggios was even rarer.

It's the music playing in Groundhog Day.

Tropical Hotdog Night - Captain Beefheart & The Magic Band

Quote: Definitely Tarby @ 20th April 2018, 12:35 AM

I've been questioning what I've achieved and if I should be proud and the honest answer is a blaring no but I've done some stuff that I look back on wondering how I managed to keep at it. When I worked on this in 2008 and uploaded it to youtube this kind of top down view was rare and a top down recording with 100% accurate arpeggios was even rarer.

It's the music playing in Groundhog Day.

Is that your own hands playing that ?
Much respect.
Is that a bit of Bach ?

New single/EP by Pete Yorn, Scarlett Johansson - Bad Dreams

Quote: Bill Poster @ 20th April 2018, 10:02 PM

Is that your own hands playing that ?
Much respect.
Is that a bit of Bach ?

Cheers Bill :) it's the 3rd movement of Mozart's piano sonata 16. K545. It's the scene from Groundhog Day that made me have to learn it. I think it's the first time he smiles in the film.

What sort of music do you like to play?

I've never seen the film,I didn't realize it had such classy music.

Quote: Bill Poster @ 21st April 2018, 9:35 PM

What sort of music do you like to play?

I've never seen the film,I didn't realize it had such classy music.

Oops I meant first movement and not third movement of the sonata. Sorry about that, it's been a while!

Groundhog Day is one of my all time favourites and Murray at his belligerent best :D I love anything if it's by Mozart, Chopin or Debussy. They all have such interesting stories behind them and a unique style. What composers do you like Bill?

Debussy - La fille aux cheveux de lin [Girl With The Flaxen Hair]

Chopin - Prelude in E minor.

As well as Chopin.Liszt,Beethoven,Rachmaninoff,Tchaikovsky ,Dvorak ,Schubert,etc ... all that Romantic type stuff
And some more modern like Satie and Glass.Have you had a go at those?

I really envy anyone who can play music especially the piano.

Satie Gnossienne No 1

https://youtu.be/PLFVGwGQcB0

That's got under my skin and I'm sure I've heard it before possibly on a film soundtrack. I've just been reading about the Gnossiennes and am going to be checking them all out because it sounds right up my alley as I like the impressionist, experimental piano stuff. Amazing to think Satie and Debussy were friends and the discussions they will have had.

There is nothing more soothing than listening to piano music and I should branch out and check out other composers. I've liked the Liszt stuff I've heard and Shine is a cracking film. A very well deserved best actor Oscar for that one.

Nothing against classical music * but I've got so much stuff (pop/rock) that I've never played that I don't have the time.

Currently listening to one of my Record Store Day purchases. "Heaven and earth and the Stars" by Lulu which includes "Man who sold the world" and "Watch that man", both produced by Bowie.

* I do have some Tomita albums who was a Japanese synthesiser musician. "Snowflakes are Dancing" - Debussy - and "the Planets."

I know I sound like a picky pricky but Debussy isn't from the classical period :D I know what you mean because I went through a phase of buying CDs from charity shops but not listeneing to them so I have a stack of music I never find the time to listen to. Anything else I buy just gets tossed on to the pile. I digitised them all recently so they are now on my computers hard drive but I've still not listened to them.

There are some that stand out and Sia is one of them. This makes me think of a new Proud *

Sia & David Guetta - Flames

*Proud - Heather Small

Quote: Definitely Tarby @ 23rd April 2018, 10:19 PM

I know I sound like a picky pricky but Debussy isn't from the classical period :D ]

Classical period? When was that then? Ancient Greece or Roman Empire?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Classical_period_(music)

I'm not trying to appear a pedantic anus Chappers but I'm just specifying Debussy was from the romantic period which followed the classical period. They overlap of course but when you're dealing with dates you need specifics. Otherwise I would have worked out a way to get in a class at school of older kids and get off with all the birds.