What are you listening to now? Page 1,303

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 29th April 2018, 8:10 PM

Radio 4
The Young One's cast and writers talking about their time on the show.
And how they came to be on it.
The exploding oven scene set fire to the studio and Neil had to see his doctor with his bad back because a giant eclair had fallen on him.

That's an Injury Claim Ad I would like to see.

Quote: lofthouse @ 29th April 2018, 9:06 PM

Did Ade see a doctor after being decapatated in that train tunnel too?

That one not so much.

Quote: lofthouse @ 29th April 2018, 6:59 PM

Van Halen - Runnin with the devil

Never had you down as a Van Halen fan, You're full of surprises. (I could see Gordon being one.) :D

This lot were on Soccer Am yesterday, singing this track. Nice voice.

DMA'S - In The Air (Live Acoustic)

Stereolab

Come and play in the milky night

https://youtu.be/rBxHWqxJ2ZM

Quote: Bill Poster @ 30th April 2018, 12:00 AM

Stereolab

Come and play in the milky night

https://youtu.be/rBxHWqxJ2ZM

I like Stereolab, though I only really know/have "Margarine Eclipse". Unfortunately this track comes up in the UK as "This video is not available", as with the previous Stereolab one you posted. Not sure how you can tell which regions something will play, or not?

Sorry about that George.
Michael made a comment about the previous one but I don't know whether he could play it?

Quote: Bill Poster @ 30th April 2018, 3:36 AM

Sorry about that George.
Michael made a comment about the previous one but I don't know whether he could play it?

No apology needed. :) I post vids on an American music forum and wonder if sometimes they're blocked over there, or in other territories. Maybe Tarby who's the tech expert on this thread can give us an insight if there's a way of knowing in advance?

I assume that official BBC YouTube stuff, like clips from "Jools Holland's Later" won't play outside the UK? Gordon, yourself, and DaButt (once he's over his hangover) :) could answer that one. Here's a sample BBC clip -

LCD Soundsystem - Tonite - Later... with Jools Holland - BBC Two

Or maybe it's more complicated than that, and it depends on the individual artist's label and licencing arrangements?

Quote: George Kaplan @ 30th April 2018, 2:27 PM

LCD Soundsystem - Tonite - Later... with Jools Holland - BBC Two

"Uploader has not made this video available in your country."

Quote: Bill Poster @ 28th April 2018, 10:49 PM

Yes,not the Spice Girls though.

Here's another not the Spice Girls :)

https://youtu.be/1quZbpgLh7w

There are many bands who are not the Spice Girls.

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 29th April 2018, 8:10 PM

Radio 4
The Young One's cast and writers talking about their time on the show.
And how they came to be on it.
The exploding oven scene set fire to the studio and Neil had to see his doctor with his bad back because a giant eclair had fallen on him.

NOOOO! I was just moaning about the lack of Young Ones doc material. Link please.
Stereolab blocked here too. Bugger. Ping Pong was cool http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2utkzl

Quote: DaButt @ 30th April 2018, 2:35 PM

Quick on the draw, fittingly. :D

How was your daughter's wedding? Did she have a live band for the reception - to keep this on topic, and avoid censure from Chappers. ;)

You can get it on Radio 4 catch up.
Go to their website (radio 4FM)
Then schedule, and click the calender for yesterday (Sunday)
It was broadcast at about 11:00 am.

Quote: George Kaplan @ 30th April 2018, 3:54 PM

How was your daughter's wedding? Did she have a live band for the reception

It was a great weekend. It was a simple ceremony in the mountains above Golden (home of the Coors brewery) and Mother Nature provide some snow to make the photographer's job easier. Party bus and champagne from Denver to the location, 10-minute ceremony with family and friends in attendance, 15 minutes of photos, a snowball fight, and then back to town for a nice dinner and drinks (no band). After dinner we all traipsed around the city and drank until the bars closed. My daughter wore her wedding dress and strangers bought her and her new husband drinks all night long. Being Denver, they also offered them a lot of free weed. Huh?

I don't know if they'd want their photos plastered all over the Internet, so here's a slightly redacted version:

Quote: DaButt @ 30th April 2018, 2:35 PM

No, it works here.

Quote: DaButt @ 30th April 2018, 4:33 PM

Best wishes for the young couple.
Breathtakingly beautiful background scenery.

Quote: DaButt @ 30th April 2018, 4:33 PM

Is he the Lone Ranger?

I'm currently listening to Boom! Bang! Twang! - the new album from Steve Ellis - the voice of Love Affair, Widowmaker and others. Paul Weller is heavily involved too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nMb1KuQi9C8

Beatles - dig a pony

Been listening to the No Rain album by Blind Melon for a 90s throwback and just watched the video Change. No Rain is my favourite track from the album but Change was very close behind. They were all cool and funky-folksy tracks and with that voice Shannon Hoon had the world at his feet. Reading though some of the comments also shows how this song helped people which is something positive despite his early death.