Asking for production companies to read script Page 4

Quote: rwayne @ September 29 2010, 10:58 PM BST

Good God...seriously,why all the aggression?

Where rather than why, surely?

Sootyj...I never suggested you were.

Quote: sootyj @ September 29 2010, 11:05 PM BST

What agression?

I dunno just trying to be helpful.

No, keep it up Sootyj, you and others have given lots of good advice and in a helpful way.

Are you starting Badge? Eh are you? You Bastard Case!

Perhaps I'm misunderstanding the 'rules' of posting on a website.

No, just the rules of posting on this website, which are freely available.

It's a little much to complain about others being unhelpful, when you won't even volunteer the smallest amount of effort to adhere to punctuation and grammar rules, so as to be helpful to our (lovely) moderator.

And welcome to the site, btw. :)

If this site was a sitcom it would be called...

"GRAMMER'S house!"

Good God...seriously,why all the aggression?.
Perhaps I'm misunderstanding the 'rules' of posting on a website.
I will say this - this is the only forum I post on...I don't like 'talking' on the internet.I am of an age that I am not comfortable doing it.It seems strange,though,that what I have said has caused such a reaction.I genuinely find it odd.
This is new stuff to me so,maybe,(quite possibly)I don't understand it.I don't know if this site is commercial,the internet,generally,is a mystery to me.I'm not even sure what a 'moderator' is.
What I do understand,though,is that some posts directed to me are a little strange.Zooo...you have taken something I've said to be directed toward you,personally,it wasn't!.I will say,however,if your biggest worry in life is the spaces I leave after a full stop,you are very fortunate indeed.Also,if it is your job,so to do,maybe don't single one person out when every post could stand to be corrected...that's just strange. :)

You've been asked politely, you've been told, and still are ignoring very basic etiquette rules. These rules are for ease of use, not to annoy you!

We're glad you've chosen this as the only forum you post on, but the place runs more smoothly when we all follow the simple rules. ie, to use proper grammar and punctuation. That's the only reason this forum isn't like all the other unreadable hellholes you have just suggested you avoid.

Quote: Tim Walker @ September 29 2010, 11:09 PM BST

No, just the rules of posting on this website, which are freely available.

It's a little much to complain about others being unhelpful, when you won't even volunteer the smallest amount of effort to adhere to punctuation and grammar rules, so as to be helpful to our (lovely) moderator.

And welcome to the site, btw. :)

Thank you...are YOU happy YOUR commas are in the right place?.

Quote: rwayne @ September 29 2010, 11:14 PM BST

Thank you...are YOU happy YOUR commas are in the right place?.

OK, fine, I withdraw my heartfelt welcome.

Hope you get bored soon.

Quote: Tim Walker @ September 29 2010, 11:17 PM BST

OK, fine, I withdraw my heartfelt welcome.

Hope you get bored soon.

:D

Good God...seriously,why all the aggression?.

What aggression?

I've been using on-line discussion systems since 1987 and I see no aggerssion here, I see people trying to be helpful.

If you see aggression here, it is because you are not yet used to reading on-line discussion forums. Everything on-line SEEMS stronger and it is EASY to mis-construe.

And if you can't take advice about correcting your punctuation etc, what do you think a producer will do to a script or intro-letter that has bad English and bad punctuation? That's right; it will get binned! So you might as well recognise that you should ALWAYS write & punctuate correctly to the best of your knowledge and you should accept advice at all times on how to improve.

*dragging billwill from the pub car park*

Leave him, billwill, he's not worth it!

There's something happening here, what it is ain't entirely clear... Saying that, it's clear there's some tedious f**king trolling going on here tonight.

Hi Tim,

How come you didn't make it to the meet-up, 11 or so days ago?

In prison.

Oh Tim!...I think you are being a little naughty again.
"Trolling" (yes I had to look up the meaning )...I believe it's your actual internet slang.
I have been a member of this site for nine months.Are you really suggesting I joined here so I would be able to slighty irk a few people nine months later?
Or,perhaps,you are referring to your own,pompous,remarks toward me in this thread?
Sadly,though,you weren't happy with that and have felt the need to have a pop at me,by name,in another thread!
This IS a comedy website but I would say obsessively trying to be funny with every post you make isn't a good look.
Now...I don't particularly care if you want to spend your life,in internet chatrooms,making peurile,sarcastic,remarks about people you don't know...that's up to you.What I would say,though,your comments in this thread (and the other)conjured up the image,for me,of you snorting with pleasure at how clever you had been.The danger,I think,with constantly trying to be funny is that,to a casual observer,you may come accross as being constantly,remarkably pleased with yourself.
Anyway I'm off to the pub now.(If you don't know or have forgotten what that is...'Google' it!)