Alan Partridge Online Episodes - Good or Bad Idea? Page 3

Trailer is now up...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6UmYOmTG3B0&feature=player_embedded

Although it's not a brilliant trailer, I'll admit.

Quote: Joey Moose @ October 29 2010, 10:53 AM BST

Trailer is now up...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6UmYOmTG3B0&feature=player_embedded

Although it's not a brilliant trailer, I'll admit.

Not the best trailer I agree, but Tim Key's in it! :D

You can't tell much from it. But Tim Keys is a welcome addition.

The positive association Fosters is going for already worked on me... I saw some Fosters in the store and thought "AhHa!" instead of my usual thought "nope". I didn't buy it, but the association was there! I also noticed in episode 5 of the Inbetweeners the boys are very clearly drinking Fosters

Yep, great to see Tim Key involved. A talent worthy of working opposite Partridge. Presumably these episodes are going to be just video podcasts of Alan's "show"?

Tim Key? Bollocks :( I'd rather see a can of Fosters shamefully waved about the place for 10 minutes.

Quote: Tim Walker @ October 30 2010, 1:11 AM BST

Yep, great to see Tim Key involved. A talent worthy of working opposite Partridge. Presumably these episodes are going to be just video podcasts of Alan's "show"?

Looks that way.

Clip from Episode One: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JVWHaMbbzGs

Nice to see people leaving negative comments based on just one minute of video... Rolling eyes

Think the clip is quite funny myself. Partridge looking and sounding like his old self again and not the OTT sitcom character that we got in Series Two.

Series 2 rules, you Mutha'.

I think this is a good idea, bringing AP back. However, I'm disappointed it's only online. I think they could have easily made another I'm Alan Partridge series, seeing as we've all had eight years to simmer down since the last one, and have more realistic expectations. Series 1 & 2 were so good, I feel their was definitely scope for a decent third.

I can't really foresee a movie being that brilliant to be honest. The online series has presumably been done for the money, as Fosters will probably be paying Coogan a lot more than the BBC would for an entire series of acting and writing on the show.

Quote: Lord Meldrum @ November 2 2010, 12:13 PM BST

I think this is a good idea, bringing AP back. However, I'm disappointed it's only online. I think they could have easily made another I'm Alan Partridge series, seeing as we've all had eight years to simmer down since the last one, and have more realistic expectations. Series 1 & 2 were so good, I feel their was definitely scope for a decent third.

Who knows, maybe they're using this as a way to ease back into the Partridge world before doing something more substantial; like another TV series? Would be nice.

The first episode of Alan Partridge - Mid Morning Matters go live this Friday at 11am on fostersfunny.co.uk, but there's a sneak peek of the first episode available now: http://www.fostersfunny.co.uk/2010/11/exclusive-first-clip-of-mid-morning-matters-with-alan-partridge/

Quote: Matthew Stott @ November 2 2010, 12:16 PM BST

Who knows, maybe they're using this as a way to ease back into the Partridge world before doing something more substantial; like another TV series? Would be nice.

I think the film is probably the next thing. Looking more likely than a TV series. When I was on Twitter, one of Iannucci's last tweets I remember was something like 'Working on ideas for Partridge film'. Something like that. That was about 3/4 months ago.

Quote: Lord Meldrum @ November 2 2010, 5:08 PM BST

I think the film is probably the next thing. Looking more likely than a TV series. When I was on Twitter, one of Iannucci's last tweets I remember was something like 'Working on ideas for Partridge film'. Something like that. That was about 3/4 months ago.

A storyline for the film has since been agreed. I'd rather see another series though personally.

I just don't understand why this isn't on telly and I don't understand why he looks so young in the clips, is this the story before the TV show?