Quiet cinemas? Page 3

At the theatre, I often seem to get stuck behind someone with a particularly massive head.

Quote: Aaron @ August 30 2010, 10:15 AM BST

At the theatre, I often seem to get stuck behind someone with a particularly massive head.

A mirror?

then stop going to the cinema with me

Quote: Aaron @ August 30 2010, 10:15 AM BST

I am very short with an average sized head, but my husband is 6'2 so it is a bit awkward when I want to sit at the front to see and he wants to sit at the back so he is not in the way.

So who would like to see cinemas policed to maximise the enjoyment of actually watching films? If so, what sort of "theatre police" would you like to see?

And should they be armed?

Quote: Nogget @ August 30 2010, 10:29 AM BST

So who would like to see cinemas policed to maximise the enjoyment of actually watching films? If so, what sort of "theatre police" would you like to see?

And should they be armed?

Why not use the real Police? With all the cutbacks they have to make they could use cinemas as a temporary cells, catch up on their paperwork and taser any trouble makers while they are at it. If the film is no good they could delegate 999 calls to the audience to liven things up save a bit of money.

Quote: Griff @ August 30 2010, 10:39 AM BST

My experience is that theatre audiences are usually better behaved than cinema audiences but they are by no means perfect. The best behaved audience I've ever sat in was at the Royal Opera House. Presumably the fact that the show had cost about a billion pounds was a factor.

Yes the BFI is great. Although I wish they wouldn't hand out those sheets of spoilers with every film.

You are lucky, the last time I went there was a school party in who were not as interested in the performance as they were in each other and kept swapping seats. The woman behind me kept leaning forwards and breathing over my head and she smelt of stale curry. Eewww.

a d a fair few actors will tell the audience off

Quote: Griff @ August 30 2010, 10:39 AM BST

Yes the BFI is great. Although I wish they wouldn't hand out those sheets of spoilers with every film.

You don't have to read them. ;)

Just a normal proper usher, like they seemed to have in the old days, would stop a lot of the talking and messing about.
It would just take them coming over and shushing them, most people react well to authority. There would be a few people who might react badly (and loudly) but I think they would be pretty rare.

Quote: zooo @ August 30 2010, 10:54 AM BST

Just a normal proper usher, like they seemed to have in the old days, would stop a lot of the talking and messing about.
It would just take them coming over and shushing them, most people react well to authority. There would be a few people who might react badly (and loudly) but I think they would be pretty rare.

Snff and women selling cornettos from chilled trays, the audience being split into smokers and none smokers, racist Kiora adverts

Modern life is rubbish.

http://www.thisisnottingham.co.uk/news/Drive-cinema-comes-Arnold/article-299647-detail/article.html

Drive in cinema, 2 disadvantages

1 Its in Nottingham
2 If you rustle your sweet wrappers you may end up killing yourself

Quote: zooo @ August 30 2010, 10:54 AM BST

Nah, we need trapdoors under people's seats. Any troublemakers and down they go, into an underworld of re-education about respect and consideration.

Quote: Griff @ August 30 2010, 10:56 AM BST

*dreams of a better world such as described*

Poole Arts Centre still has 1 who sells cornettos from a tray before the film starts, the audience is only about 200.

Being as this is the heart of Daily Mail reading, retired, little Englanderville.

The last person to unwrap a sweet in the cinema. Was hanged by their ankles and beaten to death with zimmer frames.

They stabbed each other in the heart with the pointy end after tasting the disgusting Walls chocolate contained therein.

There's a 5 minute amnesty when the audience turned off their hearing aids.

Quote: Aaron @ August 30 2010, 11:14 AM BST

They stabbed each other in the heart with the pointy end after tasting the disgusting Walls chocolate contained therein.

Picking on cornettos?

Is their no end to your misanthropy.

You monster.