Quiet cinemas? Page 4

Or just find a really good independant cinema. Like this one.

http://www.tynesidecinema.co.uk/

Yes, we have The Duke of York's here in Brighton. But you won't see many blockbusters there.

Quote: Nat Wicks @ August 30 2010, 12:23 PM BST

Or just find a really good independant cinema. Like this one.

http://www.tynesidecinema.co.uk/

great if the only film you want to see is kes

the other option is to see films where people don't eat.

Shindlers list? Any others?

Here's one Griff

http://www.therexberkhamsted.com/history.asp

Quote: Griff @ August 30 2010, 12:53 PM BST

The Cook The Thief His Wife And Her Lover might put people off their sundried bruschetta.

Mark Mark Mark on the very first page it says "There is a good wine list with snacks on clean plates."

Also I'm not sure about this bit

"Even Hitler managed a good ten years' dream of a master race. To include the Rex in such grand historical perspective might seem a little pompous, but apart from Hitler and Mandela (in order of appearance) all the others died before they saw their dream. If we can beat uncle Adolf's ten without annexing Poland or killing anyone, we might make some tiny cinema history."

... But joking aside, it does sound well worth a visit. Cheers for the tip.

I don't think the snacks are for eating in the cinema, could be wrong, couldn't get hold of my brother o this may not be the place, the one I as thinking of was a bit of a club,

Quote: Nogget @ August 30 2010, 12:36 PM BST

Yes, we have The Duke of York's here in Brighton. But you won't see many blockbusters there.

That's the point of independent/arthouse cinemas!

see blockbusters, expect blockbuster audiences ;)

Quote: Nat Wicks @ August 30 2010, 1:36 PM BST

see blockbusters, expect blockbuster audiences ;)

My local Blockbusters has had plummeting customer numbers for some time.

I'm quite eager to see the next Harry Potter instalment.

Cinema City in Norwich is great but that is probably a tad too far! :)

I always dread going to the cinema for exactly this reason. I know that if someone starts talking how furious I'll get. I get very angry indeed with these antisocial dickheads, to the point where I can't enjoy the movie and I HAVE to do something about it.

But then you get it in the neck from the missus for causing a scene.

There will be people reading this thread who talk in cinemas. I despise you and want you to die.

Quote: Ben @ August 30 2010, 1:38 PM BST

My local Blockbusters has had plummeting customer numbers for some time.

I used to work in a Blockbusters, used to run the whole place on my own all day and into the night; best job I ever had!

Quote: sootyj @ August 30 2010, 10:59 AM BST

Drive in cinema, 2 disadvantages

1 Its in Nottingham
2 If you rustle your sweet wrappers you may end up killing yourself

Oi, I'll have you know Nottingham is good for Cinemas. The Broadway, at least. And there was a tiny one call Screen Room, though I don't know if that's still open. I used to go the Midland Group - ah, those were the days!

I ain't been to the cinema in years. Just not interested in watching films with the general public. Nor am I inclined to pay the crazy prices for the privilege.

I appreciate being able to pause during a movie, if I need to. Plus, there's not been much released in the past few years that I've been dying to watch. I don't mind waiting a few months for the DVD.