Your most ridiculous Hobby?

Many moons ago I took up knitting. I wanted something to do with my hands before I went blind through masturbation.
I took months to learn & eventualy knitted my eldest son a Thunderbird jumper. Granted the face on Virgil Tracy looked retarted. His eyebrows went into his hat & His bottom lip ran down to the ribbing but I was proud of myself. Ky who was 8 at the time (and a Thunderbird fan)had to be bribed to wear it but it's amazing what you can force a child to wear with the right threats. I remember when I proudly showed Ky my creation. "That don't look like no Virgil Tracy" He whined. I regret to state that I sent the obtuse child to his room for 2 days to consider his ill manners & negativity.
Anyhoo after the jumper I knitted a 3" wide scarf,One glove with 4 fingers, a matching leg warmer & a balaclava with 2 huge eye sockets. (You could see my entire face in them).
I still have these items made with my own fair hands & needless to say I no longer knit. It is back to masturbation for me.
I do now need glasses for reading.
Whats the most ridiculous hobby you have ever taken up?

I took up eating my sandwiches in a provocative manner, as a "hobby".

This was when I was in form 4M (Grammar school days). We were supposed to eat our packed lunches outside in the yard. Nowadays, teachers would be jailed for this atrocity to children, but in those days it was considered to be character building to eat in the fresh air, even in the snow (which we did). Yes, we had snow up't north in those ancient times!

However, getting back to it, there were various lunchtime clubs that one could join and in some of those you could eat your sandwiches in the relative comfort of being in a classroom. However, you did have to at least feign interest in the club as there would be a cane-wielding Master present at all times to keep order and eject interlopers.

I joined the stamp club. Postage stamps. Very interesting. I did note that all the "types" who were genuinely interested in stamps, ate their sandwiches "in a certain manner" while thoughtfully inspecting books about stamps. I copied their gestures at home in the mirror, and followed suit.

It worked. When asked my opinion on a particular issue about stamps by the Master, I just chewed my sandwiches provocatively in the prescribed manner, and he was satisfied. I thus ate my lunch in this fashion for several terms.

When in the lower sixth I managed to get a pass-out at lunchtime and went to the local chippy.

Btw there was the prospect of school dinners, but this wasn't to be taken up lightly and the old jokes about school dinners are not jokes. Dinner money was better just thrown down the drain, or gambled, or stolen from you by a prefect, as it was, mostly.

I used to collect lightbulbs for some reason.

Hi guys!

Wave

My most ridiculous hobby would probably have been a couple of years ago, when I bought a taser gun off the black market. I wondered the streets looking for spastics, and I would taser them. If only for a few seconds they were completely normal, and felt happy. You can't put a price on happiness.

Probably the occasional bout of LARP.

Quote: Charley @ August 10 2010, 4:00 AM BST

Many moons ago I took up knitting. I wanted something to do with my hands before I went blind through masturbation.
I took months to learn & eventualy knitted my eldest son a Thunderbird jumper. Granted the face on Virgil Tracy looked retarted. His eyebrows went into his hat & His bottom lip ran down to the ribbing but I was proud of myself. Ky who was 8 at the time (and a Thunderbird fan)had to be bribed to wear it but it's amazing what you can force a child to wear with the right threats. I remember when I proudly showed Ky my creation. "That don't look like no Virgil Tracy" He whined. I regret to state that I sent the obtuse child to his room for 2 days to consider his ill manners & negativity.
Anyhoo after the jumper I knitted a 3" wide scarf,One glove with 4 fingers, a matching leg warmer & a balaclava with 2 huge eye sockets. (You could see my entire face in them).
I still have these items made with my own fair hands & needless to say I no longer knit. It is back to masturbation for me.
I do now need glasses for reading.
Whats the most ridiculous hobby you have ever taken up?

Laughing out loud
Can't you combine the two at all so you don't have to give up either?...No maybe that's not a good idea Teary

My most ridiculous hobby is definitely script writing, utterly futile and life destroying.

Quote: Charley @ August 10 2010, 4:00 AM BST

I remember when I proudly showed Ky my creation. "That don't look like no Virgil Tracy" He whined. I regret to state that I sent the obtuse child to his room for 2 days to consider his ill manners & negativity.

:O Bit Victorian!

I make monsters out of plasticine when I'm on holiday.

Collecting Whimsies.

Quote: Scottidog @ August 10 2010, 9:18 AM BST

My most ridiculous hobby would probably have been a couple of years ago, when I bought a taser gun off the black market. I wondered the streets looking for Spartacus, and I would taser him.

And what did he have, a bloody shield and axe?

Quote: Scottidog @ August 10 2010, 9:18 AM BST

Hi guys!

Wave

My most ridiculous hobby would probably have been a couple of years ago, when I bought a taser gun off the black market. I wondered the streets looking for spastics, and I would taser them. If only for a few seconds they were completely normal, and felt happy. You can't put a price on happiness.

So wrong but Laughing out loud

:O Charley!

YOU.. non-PC!?

To be fair, I did an evil laugh too. But I have a mean sense of humour.

I collect fluff from my belly button and every year I exhibit it in the Tate Modern. It's a naval display. :)

Quote: Nat Wicks @ August 10 2010, 5:24 PM BST

To be fair, I did an evil laugh too. But I have a mean sense of humour.

:O

another one... Charley encourages them, you know...

I had a collection of wanksocks when I was about 14.