Sherlock Page 17

Quote: scratchyr @ August 2 2010, 10:46 AM BST

The thing he was painting looked like a stencil piece but there he was just spraying away.

That did annoy me too! It was obviously meant to be a stencil piece and he was spraying at it like he'd done it freehand! Stupid.

I enjoyed the rest though. Although it felt very different to last week's, which was amazing.

Quote: zooo @ August 2 2010, 10:56 AM BST

That did annoy me too! It was obviously meant to be a stencil piece and he was spraying at it like he'd done it freehand! Stupid.

Yeah, I thought so. Seemed like they consider a chav and a graffiti artist to be one and the same. Lazy.

I enjoyed the rest though. Although it felt very different to last week's, which was amazing.

Maybe I should check out the first one then.

Quote: Timbo @ August 1 2010, 11:13 PM BST

But good American dramas don't really do that. With The Wire for instance you were expected to be able remember incidents that had happened two series ago. They did not feel the need to jog your memory about what had happened fifteen minutes previously.

Now HBO has gone to Sky they will probably have to add in a "previously on the Wire" expository montage before each episode. Or maybe cutting in some new scenes of Fremon and McNulty in the bar explaining the plot.

Oi Sky left BSG and Lost unmolested!

Quote: scratchyr @ August 2 2010, 11:30 AM BST

Yeah, I thought so. Seemed like they consider a chav and a graffiti artist to be one and the same. Lazy.

At first I thought he was meant to be Banksy (or someone like Banksy) because it was so good. Then I realised he was just your average chav, which was disappointing.

Quote: zooo @ August 2 2010, 10:56 AM BST

Maybe he'd done the stencil, then was adding some extra bits freehand.

A little disappointing after the brilliant first episode, the plot seemed a bit obvious, in that there didn't seem to be a "I didn't see that coming" moment and it seemed to drag on a bit (a Chinese drag on maybe?).

Still, I thought it had some excellent performances again from the main leads and I always enjoy seeing Zoe Telford (I have a bit of a thing for redheads), also a couple of amusing moments with Holmes turning up at Watson's date.

Thought the ending was a little bit silly but I like the fact that Moriarty has been an unseen presence and will look forward to the last episode, hoping that they do a few more.

Quote: Matthew Stott @ August 2 2010, 1:33 PM BST

Maybe he'd done the stencil, then was adding some extra bits freehand.

:D Okay, we'll go with that.
He was ruining it though.

It's an entertaining show, but there's no reason for it to be 90 mins. A series of 6 hour long shows would be much better.

Quote: Tony Cowards @ August 2 2010, 1:35 PM BST

(I have a bit of a thing for redheads)

Join the club!

Quote: john lucas 101 @ August 2 2010, 1:44 PM BST

It's an entertaining show, but there's no reason for it to be 90 mins. A series of 6 hour long shows would be much better.

I think the first episode suited the length fine, last nights just felt too slow, though. But yes, I'd prefer hour long episodes.

Quote: john lucas 101 @ August 2 2010, 1:44 PM BST

My thoughts too. Although episode 1 seemed fine at that length.

Good old Columbo could do 2 hour slots for weeks at a time. Perhaps Holmes needs a dirty raincoat and a dead wife?

(Oh and a gammy eye).

Quote: Ben @ August 2 2010, 1:46 PM BST

My thoughts too. Although episode 1 seemed fine at that length.

An hour and a half does feel a bit long for a TV show, though. To me anyway. It means you're in for a long haul.

Quote: Matthew Stott @ August 2 2010, 1:48 PM BST

An hour and a half does feel a bit long for a TV show, though. To me anyway. It means you're in for a long haul.

You've been spoiled by the internet and piratebay.