What's your favourite shop?

Mine's WH Smiths. It's got books, DVDs, stationary and sweets. And you can stand for ages just looking at the magazines and nobody moves you along.

I used to love WHSmiths as a child, but I've gone off it recently. Their DVD section seems to shrink weekly.

I like places like John Lewis and Waitrose these days.

I used to love Borders, but it seems to have dissapeared. They were always large shops full of magazines, books, DVDs, CDs; basically most of the things I spend my pocket money on.

Quote: Ben @ July 3 2010, 6:54 PM BST

I used to love WHSmiths as a child, but I've gone off it recently. Their DVD section seems to shrink weekly.

I've noticed that. In one of my local WH Smith's the DVD section is now only five shelves. That's crazy. Yet the bigger ones still have big selections and good sales. I brought a series of Southpark in a Birmingham branch for £6 recently.

I saw a gig in Oxford Street Borders once. It was fun. We sat on the floor.

Primark's excellent too. They should have gigs there.

Quote: Ben @ July 3 2010, 6:56 PM BST

I saw a gig in Oxford Street Borders once.

I think that one closed last year.

Quote: chipolata @ July 3 2010, 6:57 PM BST

Primark's excellent too. They should have gigs there too.

Primark is HELL. If they did host any gigs, it would probably be N-Dubz.

It is good for buying cheap boxer shorts though.

Quote: Matthew Stott @ July 3 2010, 6:57 PM BST

I think that one closed last year.

The one in Cambridge has closed too. It's Andy's Records all over again!

Primark is HELL.

It is if it's crowded. But that's half the fun. Toughens you up. Seperates the men from the boys.

Quote: chipolata @ July 3 2010, 6:59 PM BST

It is if it's crowded. But that's half the fun. Toughens you up. Seperates the men from the boys.

I don't think I've ever been in one when it isn't crowded. And the length of the returns line always surprises me; you paid three quid for a top and it's rubbish-big surprise!!

If they did host any gigs, it would probably be N-Dubz.

They'd do Top Shop. I've got a solicitor friend who claims Top Shop is responsible for the moral breakdown of modern Britain. He might have a point.

WH Smith has been going down the shitter for years.

They stopped selling CDs blaming falling sales. But who buys things that are £4 dearer than somewhere else 5 minutes away? Same with their DVDs. If Smiths have one for £13.99 you could probably walk into Asda and pick it up for £9.99.

Only good thing about it is being able to go in and flick through book (Virgin Hit Singles/ Albums) and walk out again.

Waterstones is the place for books now.

Stationary is cheaper at Rymans or Stationary Box

The rest is just filler tat, they should learn from Woolworths mistakes and cut down on the crap and change suppliers for the DVDs before it's too late.

Do they sell men's clothes in Primark? I thought it was just stuff for girls who dreamt of being in Hollyoaks?

Favourite store is Next

Quote: Ben @ July 3 2010, 7:01 PM BST

Do they sell men's clothes in Primark? I thought it was just stuff for girls who dreamt of being in Hollyoaks?

Check it out. Freshen up your wardrobe.