Eurovision Song Contest Page 34

So it's that time of year again. No Sir Terence of Wogan any more, but I'll give it a go and see how tolerable Norton is. Here's hoping for a 0 - although sadly I think it even less likely this year than any other recently. :(

I'm just sad to see that the Irish, the country which has won the conest more than any other, has not made it to this year's final - not that I will watch the contest anyway.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/8051392.stm

Who's taken over from Wogan?

Quote: catskillz @ May 15 2009, 8:12 PM BST

Who's taken over from Wogan?

Graham Norton.

There's a really funny Eurovision programme on 'Watch' right now
Presented by Wogan (he can't leave it alone can he)

I'll check that out in the early hours, thanks! :)

Quote: zooo @ May 25 2008, 1:28 AM BST

Isn't that the Stereophonics' drummer (the new one, not Stuart Cable)?

Wherever I lay my hat that's my home Whistling nnocently

I thought it was a poster about illegal sex with Miners.

But It's obviously first prize for winning the Grand National.
Mind the teeth mate :D

I will be watching tomorrow night as I do every year. It's tradition I turn my phone off, get the beers in and order a pizza whenever the Eurovision is on. There will be two changes this year, one for the better, one for worse. For better, the public voting will only mean 50%, the other half will be decided by an 'honest' panel from each country. So hopefully it won't be dominated by the east (how the FYR of Macedonia got so high last year it was beyond me, a truly shocking song and to quote Inspector Grim, they sang like they had piles). So this is the welcome change, but the main reason I tune in, Terry Wogan won't be there. How I will miss his sarcasm, so much funnier than Graham Norton.

Quote: Jack Massey @ May 15 2009, 11:02 PM BST

the main reason I tune in, Terry Wogan won't be there.

Aye. :(

Sad days.

At least this is something that bloody Manchester United won't win!

Who was the bloke presenting the Semi-final, the other night? It wasn't Norton.

Paddy O'Connell. He's ace.

Who's watching? Hand up