Eurovision Song Contest Page 33

Bollocks to this f**king farce. The UK must get out of it. Now. Let the other countries take part, why are we pouring money into this guff? Even when we try to do something gimmicky it looks camp and desperate, while the other coutries manage to pull it off as pleasantly mad. We have to leave it. Everybody hates us anyway.

We gave the world the Beatles for Christ's sake. And now we're reduced to this.

Wogan might give up before next year, apparently.

Quote: Scatterbrained Floozy @ May 25 2008, 4:22 PM BST

One of the funniest bits was the Swedish announcer man not being able to read the autocue! "12 points to B-b-bosniah H-h-her-hezgo-ven-eeeah"

I'm fairly sure - though if he's reading, please correct me - that he was deiberately injecting his own brand of humour into the result announcements. He could read perfectly well.

I dunno. I thought that at first, but he had so much trouble reading each and every one of them. And a real look of panic in his face. But then why would they choose someone who couldn't pronounce the names? *strokes chin*

Quote: Scatterbrained Floozy @ May 25 2008, 4:37 PM BST

Wogan might give up before next year, apparently.

Wogan will give up the moment they don't pay him enough. He's got a cushy number here - he can slag off the voting all he likes. The bigger question is whether the BBC (and other major western European nations like Germany and France) can be arsed to pay all that they need to to keep showing a Eurovision every year that they won't win. There will come a point at which the beeb won't think the ratings arising from Eurovision's camp hardcore aren't worthwhile to keep going.

It's all a bit poo and always has been, I don't know anyone who watched it this year.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/7418940.stm

Well, if Terry does go, I hope that they scrap the whole thing. He makes the show watchable. Even with him though, it's still a massive waste of the licence fee.

It did look weird for an episode of Dr Who. Thought it was one of those without the Doctor.

Quote: Aaron @ May 26 2008, 12:29 AM BST

I dunno. I thought that at first, but he had so much trouble reading each and every one of them. And a real look of panic in his face. But then why would they choose someone who couldn't pronounce the names? *strokes chin*

That's the argument I was having with my dad about it. He reckons he was just trying to extend his minute of fame.

Would he do it in such a mortally embarrassing way though?

I dunno-might just have been being particularly ridiculing of how much he values the whole thing?

Maybe...

Or he was just stupid and the television company thought it'd be too funny and so didn't help him out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cNgMzjEF5fI

I think he's just trying to be whacky, but let's vote on it. WHACKY or CACKY?

Quote: Badge @ May 26 2008, 3:21 PM BST

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cNgMzjEF5fI

I think he's just trying to be whacky, but let's vote on it. WHACKY or CACKY?

I thought it looked like he was receiving the results through an earpiece but hadn't mastered the listening and talking at the same time thing...

kjs