THE most underrated band of all time... Page 3

Genesis: The Phil Collins years.

Not bothering to look at what has been written so far, I will say Wilco, knowing that Randy most likely thinks the same.

Quote: AndreaLynne @ May 3 2010, 5:45 PM BST

Not bothering to look at what has been written so far, I will say Wilco, knowing that Randy most likely thinks the same.

I thought they were biiiiiig in America!? They are critically well respected at least.

Quote: PhQnix @ May 3 2010, 6:33 PM BST

I thought they were biiiiiig in America!? They are critically well respected at least.

No radio airplay on mainstream stations, but they're fairly popular. I think any band that has sold more than 100,000 copies of an album shouldn't be classified as obscure or unknown.

They get lots of air time on the local college stations, but beyond that nobody around here realizes how great they are.

Thinking about it, I suppose underrated means they don't get thought of much. I.e, they might be have a few good tunes but they're not trendy or particularly respected. If that's the definition I'd mention Bon Jovi, Extreme, No Doubt and INXS.

If your definition is people who never got the major success they deserved I'd have Mull Historical Society, The Handsome Family Family and The Autuers, to name just three.

i wouldn't say Whitesnake were underrated - very good but quite massive in fact.

And Aqua? I think you're having a laugh - well this is a comedy website.

Truly Underrated though were bands like Rialto, Any Trouble, Radio Stars - and of John Otway Big Band.

Ooh yes, Rialto. They were great.

Quote: AndreaLynne @ May 3 2010, 5:45 PM BST

That's a hardware store over here.

Quote: zooo @ May 3 2010, 9:43 PM BST

Ooh yes, Rialto. They were great.

Yeah, they named a bridge in their honour.

;)

Quote: Oldrocker @ May 3 2010, 10:09 PM BST

That's a hardware store over here.

It's a chain of gasoline stations in some parts of this country.

Quote: David Carmon @ May 3 2010, 12:53 PM BST

For a band who have sold 75 million records they're mostly forgotten now.

Come to Australia and Southeast Asia, turn on crappy commercial radio stations and you'll realize they're not forgotten. Even China let them in; a bit of a rarity to allow a foreign pop band in to perform.

Quote: Kenneth @ May 3 2010, 10:23 PM BST

Come to Australia and Southeast Asia, turn on crappy commercial radio stations and you'll realize they're not forgotten. Even China let them in; a bit of a rarity to allow a foreign pop band in to perform.

That's doubly surprising given Roxette's renowned hard-hitting stance on Communist totalitarian regimes.

Quote: chipolata @ May 3 2010, 7:54 PM BST

Thinking about it, I suppose underrated means they don't get thought of much. I.e, they might be have a few good tunes but they're not trendy or particularly respected. If that's the definition I'd mention Bon Jovi, Extreme, No Doubt and INXS.

Do you like those bands? You think they're not trendy, but underrated?

Bon freaking Jovi. There's a band invented seemingly for middle aged women.

Quote: Matthew Stott @ May 3 2010, 10:47 PM BST

There's a band invented seemingly for middle aged women.

Whistling nnocently

Roxette have sold 75 million records albums and singles combined worldwide.

They have been going since 1986.