Wish me luck... Page 3

Charley i'd love to see you take on the panel of judges, Cowell would be shit scared.

David - If my son (not that I have one) told me that he was going to audition for Big Brother, I'd disown him.

Lewis - Oh so very true.

And Rufus Wainwright is just soul-destroyingly bad. He makes me want to kill people.

I'm not sure I read the thread properly. But, all those mental people that sing in front of Cowell and Co - They've actually got past a round?!?!?! Those total lunatics have been passed through by judges?

Is that right?

Judge 1 - "Ha ha, this bloke is a pebble short of beach. Lets get put him through, Cowell will be well pissed off"

Judge 2 - "He's as mad as a box of frogs - The general public will love laughing and mocking this loser. He gets my vote"

Quote: Aaron @ May 1, 2007, 12:20 PM

And Rufus Wainwright is just soul-destroyingly bad. He makes me want to kill people.

You make me want to kill people! (Mainly you.)
Angry

Hey folks,

just got back from my ordeal... and what an ordeal it was!

Queued for ages... hung around for ages... and ages! Finally got my slot and walked into the room to find two very bored looking young girls (about 21-22 years old) checking me out (a la bad night clubs). Before I'd even begun to sing, one of the girls looked away and became more interested in a spot on the wall to her left.

I sang 'Mona Lisa'... wasn't my best performance but I was very happy with it. I did get to finish so that's something... but right at the end, the girl not counting sheep was just about to ask me to stop... so I reckon she had never heard of it... or, indeed, Nat King Cole.

Anyway... it was a 'no' for me. No reasons given... out of the door with you me laddie!

Obviously, I'm not what they're looking for but thanks again for the well wishes, be they genuine or sarcastic... :-)

Weather was lovely today though. You have to count your blessings don't you?

Ginger - yeah, the mad ones are picked purely for their entertainment value. Sad isn't it?

Top man for having the guts to do something I wouldn't.

I agree - I've done Karaoke a few times but mainly for a laugh - not to actually try to achieve anything so good luck. Keep gigging.

Quote: zooo @ May 1, 2007, 7:21 PM

You make me want to kill people! (Mainly you.)
Angry

*shakes fist menacingly*

Wave
Oh, you weren't waving?

Boo-hiss-boo to the cretinous judge girls.

Well done, anyway!

Sorry to hear that, Darren. You probably didn't make it because you're not an "established" comedian or singer. It doesn't matter whether you're any good or not - just whether you have the "name". Crap isn't it? Better luck next time.

You've probably got off lightly really - because who can you name who's come out of one of these shows with a decent career? Gareth Gates? Proves my point.