A new host for Room 101? Page 5

It did

In that case it deserved to be cancelled if I've already forgotten about the 2nd series. Did it get a decent slot?

Quote: 404 Not Found @ August 24 2011, 11:59 PM BST

I saw Nick Hancock at Stoke On Trent train station the other week.

Was he any good?

Quote: Will Cam @ September 1 2011, 1:07 PM BST

Was he any good?

:D

Quote: dellas @ August 26 2011, 6:55 AM BST

Victoria Coren; wow you would have to fight to get anything in!

Mmmmmmmmmm Victoria Coren

Lovey

"Although Skinner's very capable, I think he's a bit too amiable, a bit too nice and agreeable for hosting room 101. With Merton and Hancock you got that bit of friction between the controller and the guest."

Really?

You got naff all friction between Merton & his guests! There was the tokenism of 1 item not going into Room 101 but otherwise he rolled over and let all of the choices in.

I'm not pretending that this is the most important issue in the world but let's not fool ourselves...

Victoria Coren I'm afraid I find rather too pleased with herself and smug for my liking. Let's be honest, if it weren't for her father, her limited talents wouldn't have gained her any career at all (stick to making wads from poker). Same goes for Giles but I find him at least more easily watchable/readable.

This show actually seems like it'd do better having a different presenter depending on the guest to me; most of the humour comes from the interplay between the two and it's not like they need to be internally consistent.

Don't really like Frank Skinner. I think Rob Brydon would work and so would David Mitchell

Please no, not more Rob Brydon hosted shows. There's a certain saturation point...

A fair point, but it doesn't automatically mean he's a bad choice taken in isolation?

I suspect it'd end up being at least 50% impressions of Tom Jones, Ronnie Corbett and God knows who else.

Looks like Frank Skinner will be presiding over a new format for Room 101: https://www.comedy.co.uk/news/story/00000624/room_101_new_format_with_new_host_frank_skinner/

Oooh, it's gonna be weeirdddd.
Looking forward to seeing whether they've improved it or messed it up!

That is a very jaunty picture of Frank.

Quote: Aaron @ September 12 2011, 7:47 PM BST

Looks like Frank Skinner will be presiding over a new format for Room 101: https://www.comedy.co.uk/news/story/00000624/room_101_new_format_with_new_host_frank_skinner/

Hmmm... hope this new format works.

Hat Trick are still keeping some details under wraps, but the new format will see the show split into rounds. Seems that each round will have only one of the guest's items going in.

Certainly sounds intriguing, but Room 101 is a proven format in its old formula, so will be fascinating to see how it pans out and compares to old.