Have I Got News For You - Series 39 Page 7

Quote: sootyj @ May 27 2010, 1:01 AM BST

What would the new wave alternative be?

I dunno - watching it 6 days earlier when it is a more topical topical comedy show?

Okay, I admit it - tonight's was the moment the show officially died on its arse.

Oooooh why? I wanted to catch it tonight.

I thought it was a great show but then I'm a Bruce Forsyth fan.

How come more people aren't pissing on this shambles? I guess no-one's watching it.

Some good stuff this week. It's nice to see Paul laughing at/with the guest host rather than just sitting stony-faced. Laura Solon was very funny - she should be on more stuff more often.

I see John Prescott is hosting on Thursday.

That might be interesting.

Do you think that it's worth to watch it?Thank you for the reply.

Yes.

After years of the show making fun of Prescott, it was actually a haunting and somber episode. At least the last memorable time they tried to put a fat, incompetent politician they replaced him with something you get at a supermarket...

I thought it was neither particularly good, nor particularly bad. Struck me again how much Paul cares not for other people making the audience laugh though; that confused face he pulls when someone else has said something funny.

Yes, the only time he ever, EVER laughs at someone else's jokes is if they are an old legend type.
I think he laughed at a few of Brucie's.

Yep. Really annoying.

It's just his persona for that show though. I've seen him live as part of the improv tours he does every year and he's a very generous performer, laughing at the others' jokes all the time.

Prescott has a dreadfully ponderous delivery, which is kind of a problem with guest presenters delivering scripted lines. Always works best with comic performers like Armstrpng or Dee (or Deayton) presenting