Have I Got News For You - Series 39 Page 6

Lembit is funny and nice and that.

What I don't understand is how Lembit got the 'flamboyant' tag. Banging a Cheeky Girl doesn't make you flamboyant.

Quote: Badge @ May 9 2010, 4:36 PM BST

I just think it crossed the line with Hislop's "it was funny", or whatever he said.

To be fair, Hislop doesn't really know what 'funny' is, judging by the last few decades of his appearances on that show.

Quote: Mark @ May 7 2010, 9:37 PM BST

I'd give it a go on iPlayer (or Saturday's TV repeat) as it was funny... even if you don't like Jo Brand.

Worth watching to see Lembit Opik squirm, and for the 'historic' short period of time that Ian and Paul were, for the first time ever, on the same team.

It was the second time ever actually. Back in the late 90s, when Angus was still in it, Paul had to skip a series because he was on tour, but he turned up as a guest on Ian's team in one episode.

Quote: Nogget @ May 19 2010, 5:33 AM BST

What I don't understand is how Lembit got the 'flamboyant' tag. Banging a Cheeky Girl doesn't make you flamboyant.

He campaigned for things like a missile defence system against asteroids. Perhaps sensible on one level, but a bit 'out there' ('scuse the pun) in comparison to most other political causes.

Amusing to see Hislop describe Gordon Brown as a 'barnacle' tonight.

It's hard to imagine a closer approximation to a barnacle than Hislop himself, who has been welded to the arse of this rusting hulk of a show since it began.

If there was an election to decide the show's panelists tomorrow I would expect him to be out on his unfunny ear.

Quote: Godot Taxis @ May 19 2010, 11:39 PM BST

Amusing to see Hislop describe Gordon Brown as a 'barnacle' tonight.

It's hard to imagine a closer approximation to a barnacle than Hislop himself, who has been welded to the arse of this rusting hulk of a show since it began.

Well, one thing I know about barnacles (thank you QI) is that they have the largest penis relative to their size of any animal. So maybe Hislop was saying that Gordon Brown has a big cock - or is a cock, I don't know.

Chris Addison was very funny, ranting about journalists.

Some big news about the final episode has been revealed. After 39 series, he will finally appear on the show. A man who can be summed up in one word - Prescott!

Yes, the man who has been subject to more "fat bloke" gags than anyone else in Britain, is to host the show broadcast on 3 June, recorded on 2 June, according to what Prescott has posted on Twitter.

Quote: Ian Wolf @ May 20 2010, 7:12 AM BST

Well, one thing I know about barnacles (thank you QI) is that they have the largest penis relative to their size of any animal. So maybe Hislop was saying that Gordon Brown has a big cock - or is a cock, I don't know.

With gags like that Ian, you could write for the show.

Quote: Godot Taxis @ May 22 2010, 1:27 AM BST

With gags like that Ian, you could write for the show.

Tell that to the BBC.

Quote: Ian Wolf @ May 22 2010, 3:09 PM BST

Tell that to the BBC.

I told them and they said they'd send a car in 20 minutes. Make sure you're ready or I'll look like a f**king idiot.

Quote: Godot Taxis @ May 25 2010, 3:02 PM BST

I told them and they said they'd send a car in 20 minutes. Make sure you're ready or I'll look like a f**king idiot.

I'm not worried. They'll have to send it from London. It will be a few hours yet.

Does anyone know what episode they talk about someone writing in and saying the cartoon guy in the opening credits was turning the oil pipe wheel the wrong way? Or have I imagined this?

More rib-bursting hilarity tonight. I despise ageism, but it really did look like two old gits down the pub volleying farts and in-jokes to each other this evening.

Man this show is tired.

What would the new wave alternative be?