Peter Kay's latest comedy is rubbish. Page 2

Nostalgia. I think he's great, like space hoppers, anyone remember them?

That's the word I was looking for. :)

But anyone can do that. With Kay it is more like "I was at a table ... and you know like when a table is made of wood? That's brilliant. A WOODEN TABLE! HaHa! And you know paper, THAT WAS WOOD TO!" and gets loads of laughs. Shortly later, he sucks in some helium and gets a bunch more laughs. I really don't get it.

The fact is that Phoenix Nights and That Peter kay Thing are both outstanding pieces of work. His stand up may not be revolutionary, but its funny, warm and enjoyable. Ok, Max and Paddy was a bit poo, but hes done enough good work to be forgiven that. I look forward to this latest project and hope its real return to form.

Quote: zooo @ April 24, 2007, 7:13 PM

It's less stand up, and more him saying: you remember that thing? From the 80s? That was good wasn't it?

Yes Peter. Thank you.

haha, I couldn't say it better myself.

Quote: Matthew Stott @ April 25, 2007, 6:58 PM

The fact is that Phoenix Nights and That Peter kay Thing are both outstanding pieces of work. His stand up may not be revolutionary, but its funny, warm and enjoyable. Ok, Max and Paddy was a bit poo, but hes done enough good work to be forgiven that. I look forward to this latest project and hope its real return to form.

Totally agree and he has the ratings and sales to prove it. Comedy is subjective so of course some people won't like it. It hate the other forums that have people just saying 'this is crap', 'this is good'. At least here people us the word 'because'.

I like Kay's work because he makes comedy out of the most trivial things. And I love nostalgia, he does it brilliantly. I do like the angry comic ranting aginst the world, but sometimes its nice to see someone enjoying life. Pheonix Nights is fantastic.

I like happy comics too!

In fact I'm sure I did used to quite like Peter Kay. He was on The Sunday Show (or something) yeeeears ago. Still talking about his nan and rola cola. I've just gone off him.

It's interesting that no one in the business likes him, they all seem to think he's a cock. But that's got nothing to do with his act.

:)

Adam Bloom hates Peter Kay because some years ago Kay was a compere at a open mic night, he went on and got the audience on his side then instead of introducing peple he would say things like "if Adam Bloom is nice he'll let me stay on" and the audience was in favour, apparently he also tightened the microphone stand thing so it was at a dodgy hight and the act had to come on a fumble about with it as stand up's know that is the worst way to start (apart from if you walk on naked and throw up all over the audience, i did say sorry to them), a few comedians have said things about him like this, maybe jealousy but when big names come out and say it you've got to think, yeah he is a bastard.

The Boosh don't like him either.
Let's make a list!

We would have to start another forum part.

Quote: ContainsNuts @ April 30, 2007, 6:45 PM

I like Kay's work because he makes comedy out of the most trivial things. And I love nostalgia, he does it brilliantly.

Nostalgia's not as good as it used to be.

And get some more bandwidth.

3. Ricky Gervais and Steven Merchant

Are we talking about his work or him as a person? Unless you know him personally then you're in no position to comment.

Comment: apparently Tony Christie likes him.

Quote: ContainsNuts @ April 30, 2007, 6:45 PM

It hate the other forums that have people just saying 'this is crap', 'this is good'. At least here people us the word 'because'.

Not been around long, have you? ;)