Things that piss you off Page 1,833

Quote: Lazzard @ 15th September 2022, 12:28 PM

?

I see, arcane posts now, eh? ? Man of Mystery

I know the old " Shelves already full of Christmas stuff" is time-worn moan.
But yesterday, went to get some wrapping paper for my daughters' birthday - and couldn't find any non-Christmas stuff.
"No - that won't be in till after Christmas, luv."
So what do people do with birthdays in the last three months of the year?
And in my case that's all but one of us.

If you nip round our house, me missus will supply you with some.
She has a cupboard dedicated to wrapping paper, gift bags, stick on bows and metallic string.

Quote: Lazzard @ 24th September 2022, 12:46 PM

I know the old " Shelves already full of Christmas stuff" is time-worn moan.
But yesterday, went to get some wrapping paper for my daughters' birthday - and couldn't find any non-Christmas stuff.
"No - that won't be in till after Christmas, luv."
So what do people do with birthdays in the last three months of the year?
And in my case that's all but one of us.

These are the same people who wonder why/complain that everyone just shops online nowadays.

Quote: Aaron @ 25th September 2022, 11:58 PM

These are the same people who wonder why/complain that everyone just shops online nowadays.

Exactly.

I love Rowntree's Fruit Pastilles and a 143g pouch costs just 89p at Tesco but at the Labour Party conference, that same pouch costs £3.50 and similarly obscene mark-ups have been applied to other stuff too.

It's wrong on so many Revels but if you think that's expensive and terrible value for money (and it is!) have a look at these teeny-weeny slices of cake on sale at the National Railway Museum.

For comment, we now go over to a popular TV personality.

I knew he was going to say that!

[quote name="alison blunderland" post="1257285" date="26th September 2022, 10:42 AM"]I love Rowntree's Fruit Pastilles and a 143g pouch costs just 89p at Tesco but at the Labour Party conference, that same pouch costs £3.50 and similarly obscene mark-ups have been applied to other stuff too.

Bloody good job too. Sting the Commie bastards!

Here's a dilemma: today while driving, a car from the opposite direction came onto my side of the road and hit me side on. Both cars have no wing mirrors and dents and I have scrapes all down the offside doors and body.
He was very sorry and says he will take full responsibility. We swapped all details and I informed my insurance.
My wife saw my car and asked what happened.
I remembered I always have a dashcam on so retrieved it to show her.
As the video played, I was explaining which car was going to hit me and she shouted 'he's on his phone.
Watched it several times and he has one hand on the steering wheel and the other holding his phone to his ear - talking away and very animated.
What would you do now?

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 26th September 2022, 7:40 PM

Here's a dilemma: today while driving, a car from the opposite direction came onto my side of the road and hit me side on. Both cars have no wing mirrors and dents and I have scrapes all down the offside doors and body.
He was very sorry and says he will take full responsibility. We swapped all details and I informed my insurance.
My wife saw my car and asked what happened.
I remembered I always have a dashcam on so retrieved it to show her.
As the video played, I was explaining which car was going to hit me and she shouted 'he's on his phone.
Watched it several times and he has one hand on the steering wheel and the other holding his phone to his ear - talking away and very animated.
What would you do now?

What a stupid question. Report him.

Deffo. He could kill a kid next time.

Yeah, I knew the answer really but the penalties will be big for him when I send it to the insurance.
They did ask for the video but my head wasn't right after the smash. It's an horrific noise being crashed in to.
Plus lol, the language from me as he came across is on the tape.

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 26th September 2022, 9:09 PM

Plus lol, the language from me as he came across is on the tape.

So what, it's a natural thing to do, unless you were a vicar, maybe.

Report the f**ker - it could be a woman walking along the side of the road with child in a pushchair next time, as happened not long ago when (I think) someone on a mobile collided with a van that careered off the road and killed a woman's toddler in a push chair as they were innocently walking on the foot path.

"Things that piss you off" - arrogant smart arse c**ts like that. Let them throw the book at him!

It's quick and easy to sign in! No it's bloody not. I type in

bbc.com/account/tv

and where am I supposed to enter the bloody code?

Quote: Chappers @ 10th October 2022, 7:09 PM

It's quick and easy to sign in! No it's bloody not. I type in

bbc.com/account/tv

and where am I supposed to enter the bloody code?

Wha?

We buy Oral B toothpaste made in Germany.
Got some today,same tube,same price........made in China(in small print)
Sneaky bastards.