Things that piss you off Page 1,314

Quote: AndyGilder @ October 16 2013, 12:55 PM BST

And how enormously arrogant a large percentage of cyclists are

And what stats have you got for this? None. Precisely. Written by a large percentage of an ignorant motorist.

Quote: L.E. @ October 16 2013, 12:09 PM BST

That's in The Netherlands Soots... the safest place to cycle. They have designated cycle lanes EVERYWHERE which are not even on the road... they're next to the pavement. Plus cyclists have a right of way everywhere. It's a different kettle of fish.

I might even cycle if it was like that here.

TTPYO: How difficult it is to buy lightbulbs these days. Or I should say, lightbulbs that will make your room bright enough to read in after dark without standing directly under the bulb. £8.50 for a bulb that only uses 8W to produce the appearance of 40W is not exactly what I'm after.

imagine what it was like before people had discovered light or books.

Google and eBay are your friends if you're pissed off with healthy light-bulbs !

The thing with the eco-friendly bulbs is that I end up using three to light my room where previously I only had to use one! It's maddening, especially for someone who reads late at night.

Quote: Harridan @ October 19 2013, 8:25 PM BST

The thing with the eco-friendly bulbs is that I end up using three to light my room where previously I only had to use one! It's maddening, especially for someone who reads late at night.

http://www.ryness.co.uk/standard-gls-light-bulbs

Never used them but that sort of thing?

You sound like my dad, he buys 2000 watt bulbs for the living room, it's like stepping into the sun and he still complains it's not bright enough.

I always use 100w bulbs. 60s and 40s are f**king ridiculous.

Lovely, thanks OR.

Dim lighting is fine if you're not doing anything, but if you're trying to read it's just horrible.

I'm sitting smugly here because I sort of saw this change coming and have about 30 100w bulbs stashed in the garage!

Ironically, because of the light fittings we have now, I only use them in about three sockets !

Quote: sootyj @ October 19 2013, 7:47 PM BST

imagine what it was like before people had discovered light or books.

We don't need to imagine

Tell us what it was like OR???

:|

How could I? If I can't read the original question.

Quote: Oldrocker @ October 19 2013, 8:52 PM BST

I'm sitting smugly here because I sort of saw this change coming and have about 30 100w bulbs stashed in the garage!

Ironically, because of the light fittings we have now, I only use them in about three sockets !

We, too, have a stash. Old folk can be very cunning, you know.

Quote: lofthouse @ October 19 2013, 9:37 PM BST

We don't need to imagine

Tell us what it was like OR???

:|

Bet you've never had Jack Frost on the inside of your bedroom windows in a morning.