Channel4 Gags To go

Anyone enter this ? I received a generic e-mail detailing dates for the stage shows but no news as to whether 'successful' writers had already been contacted. expect they have......bumsticks!

I entered and got the generic mail you got but haven't heard anything else.

(A month in Scotland would be really awkward at the moment to be honest!)

Dan

Every dark cloud !

Surely a month with clean air to breathe and amongst the 'great people' of the north would be worth it!

I am a great person of the north! Well, Yorkshire originally.

I meant due to work commitments/opportunities rather than anything against Scotland.

My Dad was born then so I could have played football for them if I was good enough...

Hang on, let me rephrase that: I could have played football for them.

:)

Dan

I got the email too, but nothing about any of my material.

Their decision to perform material aimed at mobile phones on the stage threw me a little. I've written some sketches to suit mobile content (mainly flash animation) but they'd be very difficult to perform 'live'. Wasn't sure whether to write for the end media i.e. mobiles, or for the stage.

Shame as my friend and me are in the process of animating the sketches, but not in time for this comp.

I entered, but go no email. Was my sketch that bad?? Teary

"Their decision to perform material aimed at mobile phones on the stage threw me a little."

What sort of thing would a mobile phone laugh at?

Was this one of those things where they try to train you and develop your talent? Sorry - I'm not up for that sort of thing. Not that I don't need training but I think they're more about a show with "characters".

Quote: David Chapman @ April 20, 2007, 8:59 PM

"What sort of thing would a mobile phone laugh at?

Landlines?

SNAP!

Quote: earman2009 @ April 20, 2007, 8:02 PM

I entered, but go no email. Was my sketch that bad?? Teary

I got a call over a week ago that my sketch had through the first round. Then got a call yesterday that it was in the final. I won't be appearing at the events however, instead they'll be showing the video I submitted.

Well done Slush Puppy!!

Can you stick your video up on YouTube or something so we can see it? Or put in the link to it on Channel4's site if it is on there?

Thanks Mark.

I'm currently trying to upload stuff on to Channel4's 4Laughs site (I've only just become a member), but it keeps termintating my web browser. When I sort it out I'll put my sketch on there and post a link to it here.