Writers New Year Resolutions 2010

1. Become the next Shoepie! ;)
2. Change name to SandwichPie.
3. Actually do this, instead of just talking about it.

Hmm

1 Have a sex change, buy some stilts and fall over alot.
2 Find a skinny friend who looks like a sex offender and release a sketch show based entirely around the idea that;
a He's gay.
b I'm fat and possibly gay.

Quote: Griff @ January 1 2010, 4:23 PM GMT

Anybody?

Mine are as dull as you might expect.

1. Keep flogging sketches to anyone who will buy.
2. Network more (beers with other deluded saddo writers counts as networking, right?) and try to follow up opportunities when I hear about them.
3. Try and get another play on this summer.
4. Submit one or more full-length scripts to the poor buggers at BBC Radio Comedy.
5. Mostly stay off of here, but when I am on here, TRY TO BE A GOOD PERSON.
(6. Win The Sitcom Mission and become rich and famous)

I am not sure I will achieve all the above.

Hi Griff

Between your current pic and no. 1 I'm now seeing you as an Oliver Twist type character on the streets of London flogging your wares.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=myGZHbIYZnY&feature=related

"Who will buy my fun-ny ske-etch-es? Two-ooh jokes for a pen-ny?"

re No. 2 - Thanks and charming!

Best of luck with the rest - apart from No.5. I mean it's a new year not a miracle cure. :) (I love you really - too late? Oops)

My own resolutions are to keep enjoying writing and hopefully get some more credits on stage and radio or at least keep trying! Ideally get a longer piece on radio at some point. :) And write a full length drama or comedy/ drama. And have some more fun with short films for comps etc. And more co-writing. And, and, and

Welcome Sandwichpie - nice moniker!

Good luck with the op SootyJ - come join us on the other side, it's lurvly over here. :)

xx

ps and stop using so many smileys. Rolling eyes

I need to network more. Crippling shyness (though it may be hard to believe if I've been talking at you for over an hour) and the isolation of Wales from the global comedy hub that is Cirencester town centre, means that I have to seriously overcompensate this year.

Eep. Can't you make SlagB do it?

Quote: SlagA @ January 1 2010, 5:27 PM GMT

I need to network more. Crippling shyness (though it may be hard to believe if I've been talking at you for over an hour) and the isolation of Wales from the global comedy hub that is Cirencester town centre, means that I have to seriously overcompensate this year.

Well, when you do come to London give me a shout, I'd love to meet the mysterious SA. I'm shy too so we may not actually speak but can email each other about it later.

:$

Ooh, does 'networking' include coming to a forum meet up...?

Quote: zooo @ January 1 2010, 5:31 PM GMT

Ooh, does 'networking' include coming to a forum meet up...?

In which case Zooo - that applies to you too!

Jx

Quote: SlagA @ January 1 2010, 5:27 PM GMT

Yes, this is my thing too. People are weird, not us though ;)

Quote: Leevil @ January 1 2010, 4:29 PM GMT

1. Become the next Shoepie! ;)
2. Change name to SandwichPie.
3. Actually do this, instead of just talking about it.

Haha thanks SandwichPie :D ...maybe you can take over like the new Dread Pirate Roberts.

Mine are the usual animate and write more and try to make the move from writing sketches to proper stories.

I could be zooopie...

Quote: ShoePie @ January 1 2010, 8:38 PM GMT

Haha thanks SandwichPie :D ...maybe you can take over like the new Dread Pirate Roberts.

Laughing out loud Inconceivable!

Quote: ShoePie @ January 1 2010, 8:38 PM GMT

Mine are the usual animate and write more and try to make the move from writing sketches to proper stories.

Cool, I'll look forward to that.

Quote: zooo @ January 1 2010, 8:47 PM GMT

I could be zooopie...

This calls for a National Pie Day! :)

Short films are where it's at for me. I'll be making loads of them with numerous people. Should be fun! I'm also going to give radio more attention this year and try impove my ability to write topical stuff as that should help. And unlike Jane, I'm going to use more smilies! :) ;) Laughing out loud Teary

Write less. Earn more.

:)

Write more. Earn something. :(