General Election 2010 Page 99

Quote: Badge @ May 7 2010, 2:44 AM BST

Yes, in years to come everyone will be talking about that "Were you up for Lembit?" moment.

Laughing out loud

:D

I was, I was!

Richard Taylor defeated in Wyre Forest by a Tory hedge fund manager. I give up, the electorate are arseholes.

There is no national trend here. Local events seem to be playing a key part, new candiates, expenses etc etc.

Talking of expenses bye bye Jacqui Smith!

I wonder if The Sun will claim it was them that failed to win it convincingly for the Tories. Pleased

First General Election I can vote in and now the first pangs of general disappointment. Ooh, it's just like supporting West Ham.

There is a perverse pleasure in all 3 of them having taken a humiliating spanking.

On a more practical note.

We're f**ked.

Add this to the queue fiasco and no party can truly claim legitimacy. I mean if Libs went all in with Cons they'd only have 5 seat majority and I can't see them agreeing to support them in every vote.

That said if Labor could get everyone including Libs in a coalition they could win. Plaid Cymru, Sin Fein and DUP that'd be interesting.

All that 3 party nonsense is like sooo passé down here. We've gone Green.

We've gone blue. :(

That Zac Goldsmith looks a real man of the people.

Quote: sootyj @ May 7 2010, 7:20 AM BST

There is a perverse pleasure in all 3 of them having taken a humiliating spanking.

On a more practical note.

We're f**ked.

Add this to the queue fiasco and no party can truly claim legitimacy. I mean if Libs went all in with Cons they'd only have 5 seat majority and I can't see them agreeing to support them in every vote.

That said if Labor could get everyone including Libs in a coalition they could win. Plaid Cymru, Sin Fein and DUP that'd be interesting.

Well hang on.

Lets get all the results in first. I think you'll find a con / lib dem pact would have more than a 5 seat majority.

Quote: bigfella @ May 7 2010, 7:58 AM BST

Well hang on. Lets get all the results in first. I think you'll find a con / lib dem pact would have more than a 5 seat majority.

Considerably more.

Who Ulster Unionists only have 8 seats.

Quote: JohnnyD @ May 6 2010, 12:41 PM BST

So, who's gonna be PM in the Lib/Lab mashup?

Gordon Brown, seemingly (and constitutionally).

At last the Dodo said, "Everybody has won, and all must have prizes."