General Election 2010 Page 94

Quote: Gerry McDonnell @ May 6 2010, 2:54 PM BST

I like the way you roll, Godot.

I think that list is missing something that starts with an "i" and ends in a "q."

Quote: DaButt @ May 6 2010, 3:00 PM BST

I think that list is missing something that starts with an "i" and ends in a "q."

I think our PM has quite a high IQ.

Quote: Nogget @ May 6 2010, 3:39 PM BST

I think our PM has quite a high IQ.

Pity he hasn't proven that in his time as prime minister.

Godot thinks a labour majority of 4.

You can get odds of 27 to 1 in by local bookies of that!

Quote: bigfella @ May 6 2010, 11:58 AM BST

I'm very tired. Don't even think I'm going to make 10.00

Take a snooze UNTIL 10pm

Quote: chipolata @ May 6 2010, 12:12 PM BST

Filthy habit, spitting. No excuse for it.

Provides a legal DNA sample though.

Quote: bigfella @ May 6 2010, 4:16 PM BST

Get on it!

Quote: billwill @ May 6 2010, 5:45 PM BST

Provides a legal DNA sample though.

Pff! DNA's overrated as a tool in fighting crime.

Ellie has voted.

Well, that was fun. On the way in to vote I managed to avoid the party tellers on the door as usual (aren't they the most irritating aspect of election day?). However, a young woman arrived at the same time and was asked for her polling card by the woman Tory teller. The would-be voter said she thought she didn't need it. The teller said - yes you do! Fortunately the Badge Party representative was on hand to put the record straight and avoid someone being turned away from their democratic right. But who knows how many had been turned away before? And would it be wrong of me to say the young woman didn't look like a typical Conservative voter?

Anyway, if the polling station I was at is anything to go by I think the turnout will be big. The ballot boxes were bulging like billy-o.

And naturally I reported the teller to the council officials inside the polling station. :)

Quote: Badge @ May 6 2010, 6:50 PM BST

Well, that was fun. On the way in to vote I managed to avoid the party tellers on the door as usual (aren't they the most irritating aspect of election day?). However, a young woman arrived at the same time and was asked for her polling card by the woman Tory teller. The would-be voter said she thought she didn't need it. The teller said - yes you do! Fortunately the Badge Party representative was on hand to put the record straight and avoid someone being turned away from their democratic right. But who knows how many had been turned away before? And would it be wrong of me to say the young woman didn't look like a typical Conservative voter?

Anyway, if the polling station I was at is anything to go by I think the turnout will be big. The ballot boxes were bulging like billy-o.

And naturally I reported the teller to the council officials inside the polling station. :)

Our Polling recording systems leave a lot to be desired.

I've just been to do it. Small village hall. Two booths. Long wait! Still, good turnout.

There is still time to take part in the BCG exit poll. Just PM me which way you went and I'll add them to the list. Obviously I won't be posting who you voted for - just the hard stats!!!

Quote: bigfella @ May 6 2010, 4:16 PM BST

If we're doing predictions mine is "no overall majority". Conservatives will be the biggest party but nowhere near the winning post. Con and Labour both in the 260-280 seat area. Nigel Farage to give up flying.

I just "happened" to be near the bookies this afternoon and asked about odds on Ed Balls losing his seat -they didn't have a market for that!

Anyway I'll stick with Conservative majority of less than 20.

But disapointed to find out Peter Snow isn't on the BBC tonight.

Quote: bigfella @ May 6 2010, 7:38 PM BST

But disapointed to find out Peter Snow isn't on the BBC tonight.

I went to Essex University so I'm hoping they wheel out Professor Anthony King, as he used to teach me.

Quote: bigfella @ May 6 2010, 7:38 PM BST

I just "happened" to be near the bookies this afternoon and asked about odds on Ed Balls losing his seat -they didn't have a market for that!

Anyway I'll stick with Conservative majority of less than 20.

Yep. Unless we're getting a '92, everything I've seen is leading me to suspect a small Conserative majority; 20 seems a fair guess.