General Election 2010 Page 102

Quote: EllieJP @ May 7 2010, 11:11 AM BST

Not really, I was out of the country when he got in, I have no ties with him. I even liked Blair better.

Yes, but he's like a big half-witted one-eyed bear, stumbling from one gaffe to another. He means no ill, he's just a bit of a chunderhead. I'm disappointed by your lack of compassion, Ellie. :(

Quote: EllieJP @ May 7 2010, 11:11 AM BST

Not really, I was out of the country when he got in, I have no ties with him. I even liked Blair better.

Not to mention that we never actually elected Gordon Brown in the first place.

That's always pissed me off.

Quote: Richard Wells @ May 7 2010, 11:16 AM BST

Not to mention that we never actually elected Gordon Brown in the first place.

That's always pissed me off.

Well, technically you don't elect prime ministers. You elect an MP for your constiuency.

Quote: chipolata @ May 7 2010, 11:13 AM BST

Yes, but he's like a big half-witted one-eyed bear, stumbling from one gaffe to another. He means no ill, he's just a bit of a chunderhead. I'm disappointed by your lack of compassion, Ellie. :(

Hmmmmm. Well I'll feel sorry for you instead Chip.

Quote: chipolata @ May 7 2010, 11:19 AM BST

Well, technically you don't elect prime ministers. You elect an MP for your constiuency.

Well we had no say in Gordon Brown at all.

That's just a bug bear of mine, that's all.

Quote: Richard Wells @ May 7 2010, 11:25 AM BST

Well we had no say in Gordon Brown at all.

Meh. We had no say in John major in 1990.

And actually, considering all the speculation about Brown wanting Blair's job, you'd have had to have lived in a cave not to realise that sooner or later he would inherit it.

Quote: chipolata @ May 7 2010, 11:27 AM BST

Meh. We had no say in John major in 1990.

And actually, considering all the speculation about Brown wanting Blair's job, you'd have had to have lived in a cave not to realise that sooner or later he would inherit it.

Well I was only 11 when John Major became prime minister lol.

And yes of course we all knew that Gordon Brown was gonna be Blair's successor but it doesn't mean it's right or I have to like it.

A hugely disappointing, although not surprising, result. Potentially dark times lie ahead for us - the markets are already beginning to nosedive. Could spell disaster for the economy: if the British people think things are tough now, their desire for a hung Parliament may make them think twice. We shall see.

Very demoralising to see Balls left uncastrated (perhaps best or he may have been plonked in the Lords), but at least Jacqui got the chop.

Delighted to see the Lib Dems losing seats (although I do feel a little sorry for Lembit): the British people aren't entirely moronic after all.

And rather interesting to read that, despite the failure to secure a majority, the Conservatives actually got a greater share of the popular vote than Labour did in 1997.

Quote: Scatterbrained Floozy @ May 7 2010, 10:54 AM BST

I can't believe how many votes were deemed invalid on theat one they just showed! Somewhere and Limehouse?:$

Poplar. Galloway's failure to be returned is also something to celebrate.

Quote: Richard Wells @ May 7 2010, 11:03 AM BST

He should resign regardless.

He ain't fit to govern this country.

He isn't fit to butter a slice of bread, to be honest.

Quote: Aaron @ May 7 2010, 12:12 PM BST

their desire for a hung Parliament

I don't think people really wanted a hung parliament, just no party convinced people to vote for them more than the others in sufficient amounts.

The Conservatives definitely got the moral victory and Gordon Brown wasn't elected the first time and wasn't elected this time.

Get the man out NOW!!!!!!!

Quote: EllieJP @ May 7 2010, 11:06 AM BST

Absolutely. Brown needs to go.

I wonder if he'd started packing a couple of months ago.

Fat chance - he'll have to be carted out on a stretcher. The man is deluded and I'm sure still believes he will be PM for a term. Gus O'Donnell will be making a call to London Zoo in search of rhino tranquilisers pretty soon.

Quote: Richard Wells @ May 7 2010, 12:14 PM BST

The Conservatives definitely got the moral victory

The very idea of the Conservatives gives me the creeps. Maybe it's down to growing up with them being in power and being so completely slimey.

Quote: Matthew Stott @ May 7 2010, 12:14 PM BST

I don't think people really wanted a hung parliament, just no party convinced people to vote for them more than the others in sufficient amounts.

Opinion polls throughout the campaign consistently showed people expressing their explicit desire for a hung Parliament (having been given it as an option, rather than just deduced by %s of answers for each party).

Quote: Matthew Stott @ May 7 2010, 12:15 PM BST

The very idea of the Conservatives gives me the creeps. Maybe it's down to growing up with them being in power and being so completely slimey.

I feel exactly the same way about the Labour Party.

Quote: Matthew Stott @ May 7 2010, 12:15 PM BST

All MP's and parties are slimy to certain degrees.

don't single one out over the other.

Quote: Aaron @ May 7 2010, 12:17 PM BST

Opinion polls throughout the campaign consistently showed people expressing their explicit desire for a hung Parliament (having been given it as an option, rather than just deduced by %s of answers for each party).

Polls are sometimes wrong though, look at how popular they all said the Lib Dems would be this time; didn't really turn out that way though. I've never been asked to take part in any poll, nor has anyone I know.

Quote: Richard Wells @ May 7 2010, 12:18 PM BST

All MP's and parties are slimy to certain degrees.

don't single one out over the other.

Why not? It's my democratic right!!