Under-rated sitcoms

A thread to plug well-liked under-rated sitcoms (I suppose I mean under-rated from the BBC 2004 poll, those not shown much and those not many ppl seem to like).

On of my top 20: Brush Strokes was not in the bbc top 100. Yet surely plenty of ppl would have enjoyed the show with plenty of likeable characters. For example, Gary Waldhorn who played David Horton in Vicar of Dibley was at last as funny in Brush Strokes.

Where is this poll?

I'm assuming Joking Apart didn't get in, cos it never does, but it's certainly due a repeat viewing somewhere.

Dan

5 very underated sitcoms: Citizen Smith, On the Buses, Two in Clover, It Aint Half Hot Mum and Only When I Laugh

Citizen Smith. Yes. Only when I larf. Yes.

Early Doors, well written, perfectly cast, brilliantly acted and beautifully shoot.

And if it’s not in everyone top 10 then it’s under rated.

Brush Strokes was only good for two series. After that it was unwatchable. I remember the episode when Jacko and Sandra are nearly married and they change their mind but decide to have the wedding reception anyway. The next week, exactly the same thing happened again: the jitters, the wedding reception, everything. No wonder Gary Waldhorn left at the earliest oppatunity. And Citizen Smith was just OK.

Dear John is underated, I reckon. It's wonderful.

15 Storeys High.

Quote: swerytd @ April 17, 2007, 2:17 PM

Where is this poll?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sitcom/

Good question though.
Dear John...
The Thin Blue Line
Is It Legal?
...and probably some others.

The Thin Blue Line and Dear John are both excellent shows.

I think that Reginald Perrin should be rated a lot higher than it is.

15 Storeys High in recent years.

yet again i agree with britcom, early doors was a master peice that if it was given a primetime friday night slot on bbc 1 it would have been popular, but a lot of people havent even heard of it, i wish they would repeat it at a good time slot on bbc two though.

I liked Hardware - seriously.

Quote: Nick @ April 18, 2007, 7:15 PM

I think that Reginald Perrin should be rated a lot higher than it is.

The third series of Reggie Perrin is being shown at the moment. I've got it on DVD. It's OK to watch once - but it's rather episodic. Has anyone seen The Legacy of Reggie Perrin? I thought it was OK, but a bit morbid since Leonard Rossitor had died ten years previously.

I didn't get where I am today watching mid-90s sequels!

Quote: David Chapman @ April 18, 2007, 9:00 PM

I liked Hardware - seriously.

So did I. I never really got the negative press it got.