The Persuasionists Page 16

330,000 viewers for the latest episode. I blame the editing... (!!)

The show has now been shunted to a graveyard slot. New episodes are now being broadcast on Thursdays at 23:20 (after Newsnight).

Ouch. :(

It is ouch. I guess that answers if they'll be another series.

It should be pointed out that the change is for NEXT week's episode, not tomorrow's. The following week - the final in the series - has not yet been scheduled at all.

Quote: Aaron @ February 2 2010, 10:03 PM GMT

It should be pointed out that the change is for NEXT week's episode, not tomorrow's. The following week - the final in the series - has not yet been scheduled at all.

Really? According to the online Radio Times and the BBC's schedules Grumpy Old Women is on tonight at 10pm on BBC Two.

Quote: Ian Wolf @ February 3 2010, 8:07 AM GMT

Really? According to the online Radio Times and the BBC's schedules Grumpy Old Women is on tonight at 10pm on BBC Two.

He's right. Not many shows get bounced mid-series. Trevor's World of Sport was the last one I can remember them doing it with. Although I could be wrong.

Did they advertise the show much? I don't remember off hand ever seeing much in the way of promotion.

Quote: Matthew Stott @ February 3 2010, 10:56 AM GMT

Did they advertise the show much? I don't remember off hand ever seeing much in the way of promotion.

Not sure. I don't remember seeing many promos for it, but we've got that many channels I tend to flick around while waiting for shows to come on and miss them.

Although wasn't part of the point of channels like BBC Three and BBC Four that shows like this would be bedded in on those channels, and allowed to grow, before graduating to BBC2 and BBC Three? I can't think of any BBC2 sitcoms that have done particularly well in recent years. Most seemed to have staggered through one series, then disappeared. Something's going wrong somewhere.

Adam Buxton responds to the critics

I wonder weither they will pull the late Sunday night slot too?

Quote: Ian Wolf @ February 3 2010, 8:07 AM GMT

Still showing as tonight in my TV guide and on the Press Office site. Possible those haven't been updated though. But whenever the switch takes place, it's a pity. Why they think that they can get more viewers with GOW in the Wednesday slot is anyone's guess.

Quote: James Cotter @ February 3 2010, 11:30 AM GMT

Adam Buxton responds to the critics

For the third time... Unimpressed

It's been rescheduled for 11:20 on Thursday night. BBC Two. :)

Quote: darnall42 @ February 3 2010, 5:18 PM GMT

It's been rescheduled for 11:20 on Thursday night. BBC Two. :)

I already wrote about that on the previous page.

Not surprised its moved at all. Struggled to find anything memorable or funny about it. Agonisingly bad.